• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How are AXYS Big Bores coming along?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This 962 is ready to ship.

attachment.php

962stroker.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Guessing those are contingent on providing usable core parts? Or are those outright prices?

Boy, I'm not the right person to fully answer that...but the 910 is just a big bore. I think you crate you motor and send it. It's a bit more work then a simple top end swap.

The stroker is a long rod motor...so it's got special crank parts also.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
A company called HSK Racing over here (Norway) just dynoed their own 860BB for the axys, 169.3hp, with jaws pipe, rktek head, PCV with the ignition module and slp intake.

Several on snow over here, seems to run good from what I have heard.

And btw, they dynoed a bone stock 800 axys to 142hp, for what its worth.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Interested to see what the 910/962 motors will make for power in both the axys/proride versions.

Please update us if anyone gets ahold of this info.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
A company called HSK Racing over here (Norway) just dynoed their own 860BB for the axys, 169.3hp, with jaws pipe, rktek head, PCV with the ignition module and slp intake.

At what elevation?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Are you still running a BB Polaris John?

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Are you still running a BB Polaris John?

No, I had some durabilty issues with the kit i had on my proride 800, so removed it and put in a slp stage 3 engine with one of indydans LR cranks.

The BB ran very strong, when it ran, but got tired of wrenching more than riding when the second set of pistons went bad. Since then I have moved on to the axys chassis.

The axys is just so strong and responsive out of the box, that I so far have left the engine stock. But I have a pipe on the way now, these sleds seems to make good power just with one added.

Only thing is that I think the sled looses rpm sometimes om the top end, having the ex valves and everything related checked by dealer next week.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
No, I had some durabilty issues with the kit i had on my proride 800, so removed it and put in a slp stage 3 engine with one of indydans LR cranks.

The BB ran very strong, when it ran, but got tired of wrenching more than riding when the second set of pistons went bad. Since then I have moved on to the axys chassis.

The axys is just so strong and responsive out of the box, that I so far have left the engine stock. But I have a pipe on the way now, these sleds seems to make good power just with one added.

Only thing is that I think the sled looses rpm sometimes om the top end, having the ex valves and everything related checked by dealer next week.

I had the same issue with loosing rpm on top, did a pipe mod and gained 200 rpm after I added 2 grams of weight!

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
We do have an 860 big bore ready to go at this time. At this time we do not have exchange cylinders, so it would be a 3-5 week turnaround time.

The 860 produces an impressive 187hp on the superflow 902.

The other impressive option is our stage 4 kit that is coming. This will be the pipe, custom tuned bully dog, billet head, durability kit, clutching, and y-pipe. This kit puts down 180hp consistently. The strange yet great thing about this kit is the ability to run hot. The harder you work it, the more hp it makes. On a long pull we see 185hp. Many running the stage 3 kits have noticed the same thing in the mountains.

All of the options above are tuned with the bully dog GT which programs your ECU. This allows us to tune 89 different maps and correction factors in the stock ECU. Many of these are crucial to engine life on this big bore, and can be done no other way than reprogramming the ECU like we are. Like I've said before in other posts... add fuel with a PCV like you would normally need for a big bore... then wait until it's 25-30 degrees out and ride your sled. You'd be soaking rich and very down on power.

That boils down plain and simple. Tuning done the right way so your drivability and horsepower are always on tap. Creating fueling that works spot on is a big deal. Creating horsepower is one thing, but being able to keep your machine maintaining that power is what makes them really run.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Your numbers seam somewhat high for a 860 kit do they not?? Be neat to get some feild results on this tq monster

We do have an 860 big bore ready to go at this time. At this time we do not have exchange cylinders, so it would be a 3-5 week turnaround time.

The 860 produces an impressive 187hp on the superflow 902.

The other impressive option is our stage 4 kit that is coming. This will be the pipe, custom tuned bully dog, billet head, durability kit, clutching, and y-pipe. This kit puts down 180hp consistently. The strange yet great thing about this kit is the ability to run hot. The harder you work it, the more hp it makes. On a long pull we see 185hp. Many running the stage 3 kits have noticed the same thing in the mountains.

All of the options above are tuned with the bully dog GT which programs your ECU. This allows us to tune 89 different maps and correction factors in the stock ECU. Many of these are crucial to engine life on this big bore, and can be done no other way than reprogramming the ECU like we are. Like I've said before in other posts... add fuel with a PCV like you would normally need for a big bore... then wait until it's 25-30 degrees out and ride your sled. You'd be soaking rich and very down on power.

That boils down plain and simple. Tuning done the right way so your drivability and horsepower are always on tap. Creating fueling that works spot on is a big deal. Creating horsepower is one thing, but being able to keep your machine maintaining that power is what makes them really run.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Your numbers seam somewhat high for a 860 kit do they not?? Be neat to get some feild results on this tq monster

You were anticipating 175hp from your beloved skidoo 850 and said you would be skeptical of any dyno numbers showing less. But you find it hard to believe an aftermarket company could pick up 12 more hp out of a bigger engine with no epa restrictions or warranty?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
You were anticipating 175hp from your beloved skidoo 850 and said you would be skeptical of any dyno numbers showing less. But you find it hard to believe an aftermarket company could pick up 12 more hp out of a bigger engine with no epa restrictions or warranty?

I have ran 860/880 BB in the past and some also claimed the 180 plus hp out of them to find in real life they were not much more than stock... If the stock poo bore is producing 154 hp that is giving the BB over thirty hp gain with 60cc..

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
First off those are probably standard correct HP values, AKA basically close to sea level.

As for previous versions of the 860 or so BB for the Poo 800 probably used a piggy-back fuel controller, such as a PC-V. I think BMP will using the Bully Dog GT tuner for their 860. This unit always for a lot better tuning due to more variables are allowed to be changed to fine tune the fuel AND timing maps.

Premium Features