• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Polaris Axys Vrs skidoo T3 ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I had a t3 163" last year, Axys this year. I understand what you are saying, i just don't believe its the t motions fault. T motion, to me, is just a marketing gimmik that really does nothing. The chassis, body work, rider postion, etc. seem to have more to do with it than anything, but maybe im wrong. One of my only gripes with that sled was the tendency to wash out and point the nose up hill, i just don't think that can be fixed by deleting the t motion.

I know what you are saying but I think some snow it is a combination of everything and some conditions it is a combination of the t-motion and track. I think you would have to delete both and then you would be left with a planted xp. They also panel out quicker due to the narrow front end. You can't take these things away or your left with an xp that everyone knows sucks in the trees.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I am going to delete my t-motion on my Xm to see if it makes a difference in sidehilling. Everytime it gets steep it just washes out to easy, unlike the pro. I haven't been on an axys yet but if it's better than the pro then the Xm won't have a chance in the super steep side hills.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I am going to delete my t-motion on my Xm to see if it makes a difference in sidehilling. Everytime it gets steep it just washes out to easy, unlike the pro. I haven't been on an axys yet but if it's better than the pro then the Xm won't have a chance in the super steep side hills.

I would like to know if Rasmussen runs the t motion. I would bet not.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Rassmussen does run it.

For sure? Not some look alike skid that's actually solid? Skidoo would obviously like everyone to think that he was running it. Only way to know for
Sure is if you either rode his sled the same day he was riding it or your his mechanic.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Yes they where, still a good sled just over hyped about all these new changes. Burandt did his job and sold sleds to "real backcountry riders" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so what you are saying is the reason more riders are choosing polaris over cat is simple marketing. and if it were not for burandt plugging them every one would be back on cats:face-icon-small-con

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am starting to think the Axys was over hyped a bit?

Have you ridden one?
I was very skeptical that it would be much of an improvement over the pro.
Having ridden a pro for 4 years i do think the axys lives up to the hype.

Differences I noticed

Side to side transition is smoother. The pro had a slight left side preference so it would transition that way faster than to the right. The pro ride could high side you in this regard.

Engine power (obviously)

As much as the buzzword imply's the instantaneous lift is real.
I've ridden three times in increasingly better snow each time and the pro ride sleds just trench longer before popping on top of the snow.
When you are on top of the snow cruising slow the axys will pop upward when you stab the throttle. In the same situation with the pro ride it starts to wallow, the ski's lift and it starts to trench.

The air intake works. No water in the little low point drain after a day of over the hood fluff. I've experienced zero powder bog even with the console covered in snow.

Throttle response is instant and grunts hard at low engagement rpm. Obviously you can clutch any sled to respond, but without torque to back it up....

All this adds up to a totally different riding experience. Less hesitation when changing lines, and confidence that even if you bounce through a couple bombholes the sled will respond in a predictable manner.

Obviously the old pro was already a better chassis than the xm for precise tree lines in the steep but the axys definitely takes it a step farther.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
For sure? Not some look alike skid that's actually solid? Skidoo would obviously like everyone to think that he was running it. Only way to know for
Sure is if you either rode his sled the same day he was riding it or your his mechanic.
I've rode with rassmussen a time or two.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The tmotion on the Skidoo IS what makes it a whole new sled. Without it it's the same old self leveling pos that it has been since 08. No tricks, no gimmicks it just plain makes the chassis a carving machine. I bought a 12 etec as a holdover in 13, after riding my 11 Pro for 2 seasons, and hated it! Wouldn't roll up on one ski and stay there without a TON of effort, was ready to sell it and buy another pro. Thought I'd try the tmotion and if it was the same I'd sell it. Put it in and the first time I rolled it up it stayed there just like a cat or pro. Nothing else was changed on the sled except for the tmotion. Took it from a sidehilling tank to a carving machine...

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If burandt rode a Yamaha. We would all have one!!

I call BULL SH!T! I don't give a Sh!t who Burandt is or what he might or might not ride. I didn't ride cats when he did and don't ride Polaris because they offered him $ to switch. I also could not give a Sh!t what products he endorses for the same reason. I'm not star struck, and I could care less what he sells his name and values to promote.

IMO most of the products he promotes are complete crap.

Trails West trailers are junk
Skins stuff is ill conceived garbage
Fox air shocks are worthless pogo sticks

Etc. Etc.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, and that is fine with me.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I call BULL SH!T! I don't give a Sh!t who Burandt is or what he might or might not ride. I didn't ride cats when he did and don't ride Polaris because they offered him $ to switch. I also could not give a Sh!t what products he endorses for the same reason. I'm not star struck, and I could care less what he sells his name and values to promote.

Etc. Etc.

I dare you to say that after you have ridden a sled setup by him or Vohk, garuantee you will take back your words... I had the same mindset as you about his stuff until I rode a sled with all the goodies on it.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
A video of a skidoo spanking a axsis silly will settle this topic.LOL

Good Luck with that. You'd need to step away from the keyboard and get grandma to buy you both sleds first.

Unless you dress up like an AXYS and Grandma dresses up like a Skidoo, Then I could see The Doo spanking the AXYS, but that would be the only way. And if that happens I don't know anyone that needs to see a video of that.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc

Etc. Etc.

Im on board with ya. I got the buraunt tv subscription and i get turned off when all he talks about or endorses are his sponsors, and bacicly our shoks are junk, we need a 36 in front end, we need a turbo, bla bla bla. This guy is an pro athlete , just like being a pro hockey player. Buying all his stuff is like buying a 500 $ hockey stick to play beer league hockey. I ride pol because of all the kewl tech thier usin,400 lb sled, belt drive, carbon fiber overstructure,quality fit and finish, well built sled, we were all disappointed for having a underpowered engine for so long but we hung on for some hope. Brp and cat has got alot of work to do with getting components up to date, cat finnaly ditched thier clutches for team industries, which is a huge step forward, but all of the chassis is junk.
The town i live in was dominate cat, i switched in 13 to pol, the cat guts could spank me in the deep with thier power and trak, but they were also breaking down constantly, engines, rails,clutches,running boards and the guys were getting tired of all the cost and down time from failures,now slowly the cat guys are comming over to pol cause they see a quality built product. I saw these qualities back in 13. Im the type of guy that does research and does my homework before i buy anything, and being in the welding industry i have an eye for integrady, along with 40 plus years of snowmobiling has trained me to look at the details, thats how i made my decision to ride my pro, im not star struck either and couldnt care less who rides what. Heres a prime example, chris permotes 509 goggles, iv been a user of them for years, i recently started checking out the world of goggles, and come to find out thats thiers some high tech products out there that make 509s look like thier from the 70s, but at the same price point, so we need to come to our own conclusions and be leary of marketing.

Premium Features