• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight summit Xm

187POW

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
westcoast bc
Looking to lose weight on 2013 summit x 163, Im going to ditch the suitcase and put on a bikeman can but want to lose more weight. What are you guys doing to lose lbs?

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
You can go as far as your budget will allow... C3 Beltdrive, Ti A-arms and Skid arms from Alternative impact, floats, Full carbon chassis....

187POW

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
westcoast bc
How do the c3 belt drives work on the 2011 and 12s and how much weight do you save ?I didn't see weight savings listed on there web site. Thanks

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Take off your headlights. Put a delete kit in... Save many lbs.. If you need a light... I picked up a small fog light at walmart, about 2 in wide. Wired it to my headlight socket.. Works very well.. Use the bright side of your socket so it is only on when you hit the bright.

Have you tried the HSP can? Not so noisey. Works good.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
im interested in cutting as much weight off as i can also, were can a guy find the headlight delete kit? what companies are good to deal with for skidoo aftermarket. this is my first doo and im excited to get out and ride

187POW

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
westcoast bc
For weight loss Im thinking Can, belt drive, front end kit, carbon fuel tank, and headlight delete. It should be 35 to 40 lbs of weight reduction.

im doing the same,minus the carbon fibre tank,i
would like to know how people are liking the c3 belt drive

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
How do you all even come up with these numbers? 1# boost equals 25 # weight lost? Seriously what are you even taking about. Talk about a way to justify it. I'm a doo man but holy crap no wonder why most if us get crap from everyone else. Because of people like you. For every 5 minutes of fun in the XM the sled loses 10 poundsSent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
How do you all even come up with these numbers? 1# boost equals 25 # weight lost? Seriously what are you even taking about. Talk about a way to justify it. I'm a doo man but holy crap no wonder why most if us get crap from everyone else. Because of people like you. For every 5 minutes of fun in the XM the sled loses 10 poundsSent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sorry man i wasn't being serious i thought most people would have picked that up. More horse power does not make you lose weight just makes your sled go better

D
Oct 17, 2008
Oak Grove, MN
a good treadmill is $2500....i would rather spend money on lightweight
parts and get my workout riding.......more fun

I concur there, but investing in a good pair of shoes and pounding the asphalt is just the same. I'm not trying to rip on anyone. I just have a hard time seeing how eliminating 10 or 15 pounds on a sled would make any of us "average joe" riders that much better. I'm all for things like an aftermarket can because of the ease of getting your hands into the engine compartment, etc., but can't get my arms around some of the other stuff. To each their own though.

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
sorry man i wasn't being serious i thought most people would have picked that up. More horse power does not make you lose weight just makes your sled go better

Drunk reply. However it is the truth and people actually do justify "the feeling" of weight loss like that.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
Weight loss on a sled isnt only about making the sled perform better but being easier and less exhausting to throw around all day. Thats the biggest thing for us average joe riders is having something that makes it possible to ride and dig out all day

D
Oct 17, 2008
Oak Grove, MN
Weight loss on a sled isnt only about making the sled perform better but being easier and less exhausting to throw around all day. Thats the biggest thing for us average joe riders is having something that makes it possible to ride and dig out all day

My only point is that "if I'm stuck" I'm stuck, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 10 or 15 pounds. Don't think I'd notice while riding either, and wonder how other average joe's think it would change their riding performance. (If it does, what's the big difference you see between stock and 15 pounds weight loss, and what real life experience does the average powder or hill rider have to back that claim up?) Just curious.......(and a bit disappointed that my Vikes lost tonight!) haha.

Premium Features