• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD Etec at Bear Lake Video

G
Apr 23, 2008
WOW,, awsome response and backshift !!

Not your typical 40 mph trailride video.. real low speed smak!!

That Garrett is so responsive and makes the most power per pound of boost in turbocharging,,,, WITH PROOF.

great job Steve,,you always had the biggest balls in snox, cant wait to see you lay the smack down at Jackson..Give them a little Budlite hip check.

Bd with factory doo,, who would have predicted that..!!!!

Gus

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
that intake looks like something I would come up with after 15 beers. ahahaha,

what sensor are an issue on these etechs when running boost?

and how come no one else uses this style air box that was my original idea but people steered me away from it because of the "gulp factor" of the motor

Last edited:

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
The sled didnt run to make finals. Hope he can get it running we need the comp at the areo camp to keep us working harder.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
thats not what we are finding gus with elevation, 2061 does not make the track speed the aero is doing at same boost levels, not even close gus, i would of thought you would no that now:face-icon-small-dis

WOW,, awsome response and backshift !!

Not your typical 40 mph trailride video.. real low speed smak!!

That Garrett is so responsive and makes the most power per pound of boost in turbocharging,,,, WITH PROOF.

great job Steve,,you always had the biggest balls in snox, cant wait to see you lay the smack down at Jackson..Give them a little Budlite hip check.

Bd with factory doo,, who would have predicted that..!!!!

Gus

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
thats not what we are finding gus with elevation, 2061 does not make the track speed the aero is doing at same boost levels, not even close gus, i would of thought you would no that now:face-icon-small-dis

Where can I find one of these 2061's?:rockon:

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
Hey Gus can you help me understand a few things?

From watching this video:
How can you tell anything about the response?
How can you tell anything about backshift?
How can you time the run on your computer?

The video, at no time lets you hear the sled running and they do not show a complete run.

I do not do a lot of race analysis, tuning or clutching from a computer so I must admit I do not know how to do it with this little video. Please tell us.

Facts are simple:
The BD E-Tec only ran in one class, it was Open MOD.
The BD E-Tec only ran the qualifying run because they did not make the cut.

In the same qualifying class the Aerocharger piloted by Justin Jacobson qualified #1 overall including running against the Cats and Polaris.

BD will get their sleds running well and Steve is a great rider. It is BD’s abilities that continue to drive us to improve our product day after day. We look forward to racing against BD for years to come with all three manufactures. It is the customers that will benefit from the BD and Aerocharger competition.

For now, I think you need to reboot or recalibrate your computer.

G
Apr 23, 2008
I set it on 240 at 7 psi,, and like you it reads way off !!!!

BD is already light yrs ahead of you.. you've got 20 yrs of catch up.. Instead of bashing the competition,,,,,,,,

Are you up for a challenge Bradford..you bring your production turbo to Dynotech .

240 @ 7 psi is the thread on this site we have for you to stand behind.. production turbo kit with 53 series ..

the balls in your court..

SHOWWWMEE dont tell me..

Last edited:
N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
It seems to me aerocharger is the only company that has a proven kit on the etec. With that being said, I am sure boondocker,TSS, and Turbo Boyz will all produce good kits as well.....they just arent as visible yet.

I believe aerocharger refers to skidoo's dyno for there reference of "240 hp at 7 psi". Every video I have seen of the aerocharger etec leads me to believe they run very well....I could give a rats !@% what the dyno says.

I have to agree with brad on "how in the world did you come up with a 10 sec difference, back shift, throttle response, etc."

Your "anti-aero" bashing is getting really annoying Gus. Don't you have anything better to do!!!!

Oh, and by the way I run a Garret on my carbed xp!

Feb 28, 2009
My aero 66 kit runs way better then any of the BD kits I have seen in the mountains this year. come to think of it all my friends who wanted that kit didnt order it because it wasnt avalible.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Gus, a Series 53 on the 800.. huh? 66 series is the hardware.

Last edited:

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Gus Boner's Verdict

I copied this from the old HM Turbos post: I thought they found him "Guilty as charged"..:face-icon-small-ton

WE, THE SNOWEST JURY, HEREBY FIND THE DEFENDANT, GUS BOHNE, "GUILTY" OF USING SNOWEST FORUMS WITH THE INTENT TO HARM, SLANDER, AND USE FALSIFIED INFORMATION TO FORM A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE MINDS OF CURRENT AND FUTURE USERS OF AEROCHARGER ETEC TURBO SYSTEMS.

IT IS NOW CLEAR TO THE JURY, IT HAS BEEN HIS PERSONAL INTENT TO INHIBIT THE SALES OF AEROCHARGER TURBO SYSTEMS TO CUSTOMERS OF THE SNOWEST FORUM, THROUGH HIS TACTICS.

WE, THE JURY, HERBY SENTENCE YOU TO THE FOLLOWING:

GUS BOHNE, YOU ARE HEREBY PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY FUTURE TURBO DISCUSSIONS REGARDING THE USE OF AEROCHARGER ETEC TURBO SYSTEMS ON THIS FORUM.

COMMENTS FROM THE JURY PLEASE......

Premium Features