• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb 1100t vs m1000

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
I got ah buddy that broke the rules within the group we ride! I got my friend into riding about 8 years ago and we always decided we would stay in the same range of engine cc's so no one was at a Huge climbing disadvantage. After all the years of my buddy never being able to compete with the sleds
I had bought and modified, he decided to go to a 09 cat m1000. The
Sled he bought was setup by Joey parsons mechanic here in Yakima
Wa, my friend can't be touched on the hills with this sled! That being said I was wanting to get some opinions on how the 1100t I snowchecked should stack up, or should I just get the programmer before I take the risk of having egg on my face!!! Thank all of you who reply.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
It depends upon the altitude you are riding at. If you are close to sea level, and your buddies m1000 is making 200 hp, I would think you would get beat. If you are at elevation, you should beat him as the 1100t is supposed to maintain hp with elevation .

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Nope, the T-1,100 wins!

I have one of the fastest mod. 1000's King Cats and I can't beat the stock T1,100 at low alt. I have never had a M 1000 run with me yet.
I have first place trophies in smi-pro open hill drags and a second to Glen Hall in a pro-open. The demo stock Pro-climb walked away from me on a flat drag. The bet I made ahead of time was that 'if' it was he could beat me I'd buy one. I was not concerned as I'm at at least 200 hp at sea level. I am now waiting for my T 1,100 to be built. What will it be at altitude? Hang on...........

Owen

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I dont care what has been done to the m1000, your T1100 will beat it. Ive had a riden a lot of m1000's, none pull as hard and keep pulling as hard as the 1100T. Depending on the year, there is not much weight difference between the two either.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
For the way I ride (in the trees) I would have a hard time choosing the 11t for the weight factor but in any run or climb the power of the 11t is going to get r dun. Turbos put down a lot of torque.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Our 07' M1000's completely stock, ready to ride were about 610lbs. I think 1100T ready to ride is about 20-30lbs more, but does have electric start.

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
We ride here in WA, at around 3000-7000ft! I've been telling my friend he's in trouble because I know how turbo power works and once ah 2 smoke starts dyeing off the 4 is just getting started... I have been riding a 09 dragon with the fix-it kit and about 3000 dollars in mods, all that can be done to get max power without doin a turbo. We ride vary aggressive and go alot of places most don't here in the state so we can get to the big pulls and his 09 m1000 is a beast, but he Also is alot more worn out then I am because my dragon is alot lighter then his sled! I know that I am sacrificing some flickability with the 1100t but I weigh 220 lbs and I used to toss my edge around so much that getting on the dragon I had to ease up so the thing wasn't on top of me, that being said I feel with new technology and power of the turbo I think it should be a better and easier ride then the old m1000. I'm gonna show him this thread and I thank everyone for the input!!! I can't wait to hear from all of you on how much were gonna love this new ride!

D

dbritsch

Oct 8, 2008
Bluffdale, Utah
I love it! Ya'all (Mainly You) make the rules, and you kick his butt year after year, and finally he bucks up the dinero's. Now he has you scrambling!! I say $16000.00 turbo M800 proclimb, (11500 for sled and 4500 turbo). Lite weight and will beat his thousand. Then you can still ride a lite weight sled.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We are talking about a 09 m1000 not a 07 - 31lbs of difference stock,
What mods does he have on the m1000, at those elevations a well setup m1000 will still do damage, in the trees mainly. With the type of snow over there and around 4-6000ft I have gone places turbos didn't with mine, had it turning 55-60mph track speed with just the mods listed below. You may think your dragon was lighter but if he has the right modes I doubt it is. I could set up the m1000 with the right stuff and I don't think you would ever want to follow me anywhere on that 11t, but out here at 10000ft it looses a lot of power. Where the 11 will shine is on pulls where you can stay in it, but you can take a m1000 places that you wont get the chance to spool up and use it, or at least that is what I would do. But not knowing for sure what we are getting yet I can't say for sure and if the 11t is going to shine just like the m1000 does is out there in WA where you always seem to find traction and take off.

Dec 17, 2007
If it is a fair comparison they both need to be on boost. So compare an tm1000 to a 1100t. I agree with wyoboy that a 2 stroke in tighter areas is going to out perform 1100t. Open pull goes to 1100t but fair would to have boost on the m1000 and guess what tm1000 wins.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Now hold on there Owen!!

I have one of the fastest mod. 1000's King Cats and I can't beat the stock T1,100 at low alt. I have never had a M 1000 run with me yet.
I have first place trophies in smi-pro open hill drags and a second to Glen Hall in a pro-open. The demo stock Pro-climb walked away from me on a flat drag. The bet I made ahead of time was that 'if' it was he could beat me I'd buy one. I was not concerned as I'm at at least 200 hp at sea level. I am now waiting for my T 1,100 to be built. What will it be at altitude? Hang on...........

Owen

A stock 2010 M8 ran with the M1100T until top end, and also handed it to your King at low elevation.....

The M1000's ran hard in its day and will forever be a hill climbing legend. It is capable of huge power with only a few mods. BUT, the new 800's don't give up a thing to the M1000 stock for stock on the hill and are more fun in the trees. Modded, obviously like I said before, the M1000 rules...

With that said, it will be tough to touch the M1100T when it comes to climbing, and like you said, if you are worried, by the control box and be done with it.

Joe

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
I do believe in what alot of you guys are saying and I believe that many of you have rode as long as I have or longer, but I do know one thing and that is that no matter what sled a person has it don't mean sH&! If he can't ride it! I know that throughout all the years I've rode and sleds I've owned that the lightest ones werent always the best. My friend has always been highly competitive as so have I and it wasn't so much that it was ah rule but we had decided to try and stay equal as far as performance goes but somehow every sled I bought he would put all sorts of money into his sleds and they would never run with mine!!! Even when we had the same sled! I ordered the 1100t because no mater the weight I know I can toss it through any obstacle, not saying I'm the best rider in the west but I do ride with those who are, and I've never been left behind... Ive never owned a turbo'd sled but when I first saw the 1100t I had ah feeling that if i got on one it was gonna be hard for my buddy to touch my marks!!! :)

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
Oh, and I do know for a fact that the m1000 was not even close to the same
Weight as the dragon because I rode it and could tell! He has slp ceramic exhaust, slp head, timbersled airbox, clutching, and tons of other non engine mods! Personally of most sleds I've rode and alot of people we ride with have m8's, the m1000 did not handle as easy as there 8's did and you could tell by the way my friend looked after ah 70 mile ride in 3 foot of fresh!!! :)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Oh, and I do know for a fact that the m1000 was not even close to the same
Weight as the dragon because I rode it and could tell! He has slp ceramic exhaust, slp head, timbersled airbox, clutching, and tons of other non engine mods! Personally of most sleds I've rode and alot of people we ride with have m8's, the m1000 did not handle as easy as there 8's did and you could tell by the way my friend looked after ah 70 mile ride in 3 foot of fresh!!! :)

First thing is he needs to ditch the intake and put on a bdx intake, second then someone should show him how to set up the m1000 right, everyone that rode my m1000 asked how I got it so light compared to there sleds when in reality they where all real close to the same weight, I just set mine up to work right. The m8 feels heavier to me because the power doesn't come on as quick, when you hit the power on the m1000 it feels light and does more quicker with a lot better end results. I had my TM8 setup last year to do what I wanted then jumped on my m1000 for the first time that year and ate chit when I jumped on one side because it just flipped up on one ski and right onto its side, I didn't realize how much stiffer I had my m8 setup. I had a blast on the m1000 it was so smooth and transitioned perfect.

Sounds like you guys would be fun to ride with, do you ride anywhere to the east of there.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Just promise...

Promise to show us the secret ride around Red Lodge.

You guys are so guarded, we probably would have to ride around in the school parking lot. I know there's a secret trail to the TOW.

Owen

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You have to come ride first, you think you can handle it, and bring that old led weight you have and I'll go borrow my old m1000 from my buddy and we can see what happens. It only takes 20min to run up the hwy and theres a few good short cuts as you go up.

Premium Features