• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats with moving the movie trailers this year?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
For the first time on Snowest all of the trailers are being moved to the movie section? Why the move this year?

Shoot last year I got a PM promoting one of them now this year they are getting buried?

That section is hardly used..never even sees double digit viewers at one time. While this section rolls near 50 viewers at a time. For some reason this has become the place everybody posts their pics and videos...in fact looking thru it is comprised almost entirely of that content.

Why not just combine the two and bring users together instead of separating and dividing the content?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
With the lack of traffic/content this time of year in any of the sub forums, I'm very surprised they would move it. Everything posted in the past couple weeks is still on the first page...

It's just the man trying to keep you down tudizzle :face-icon-small-win

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I see it as a poor attempt to organize. Who ever is moving them is lacking something inside or in their personal life! Maybe they had a fight with a spouse and felt like controling something or someone that wont be able to do anything about it, thus feeling like they are THE MAN! of the house. ?

Super poor way to keep viewers coming back to the site for sure!

In the summer months, the movies, video and pictures are all some people have! Others like me still got snow to ride!!!!! Bwhahaha!!!

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I see it as a poor attempt to organize. Who ever is moving them is lacking something inside or in their personal life! Maybe they had a fight with a spouse and felt like controling something or someone that wont be able to do anything about it, thus feeling like they are THE MAN! of the house. ?

Super poor way to keep viewers coming back to the site for sure!

In the summer months, the movies, video and pictures are all some people have! Others like me still got snow to ride!!!!! Bwhahaha!!!

Power trippin Like a mall cop !:face-icon-small-win a chubby bald mall cop

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
I might take some heat for this but...

There is nothing wrong with being organized. There is a specific section for movies so why not use it? Its not hard to click on that section and view the content.

Not trying to start a pissing match, just my 2 cents.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I might take some heat for this but...

There is nothing wrong with being organized. There is a specific section for movies so why not use it? Its not hard to click on that section and view the content.

Not trying to start a pissing match, just my 2 cents.

It's because, up untill now if a person wanted to check out something that had to do with mountain/deep powder you could go to this section and see those type of things. Weather it be talk or video or pictures of mountain/deep powder it was found here in this section.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
It's because, up untill now if a person wanted to check out something that had to do with mountain/deep powder you could go to this section and see those type of things. Weather it be talk or video or pictures of mountain/deep powder it was found here in this section.

I just want to clear something up...Things get moved beyond my control.

I wouldnt say that I am am NOT ultimately responsible here normally BUT since you guys are seeing this you should be aware other higher ups move things in my area.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
A forum works because the users pick which topics are most visible, by posting responses. So why go against that and bury the teasers in a section no one looks at? Let them be in general, let the forum work naturally. If the userbase doesn't enjoy them, they'll fall off the radar. If they do, they'll stay page 1 for a while, and everyone will get more content value out of them.

The proper way to handle this would be let individual movie threads run under general and have a MOD posted thread under movies that contains all the teasers in one place...best of both worlds.

It's not like the general forum is busting at the seams with content this time of year anyways :face-icon-small-con

L
Jun 8, 2011
ya not cool, they did find there way into the general snowmobiling section....but snowest needs to change a couple gears in my eyes.....i mean if a couple sites such as S&M or BCR can have all the info open for FREE, why does snowest need to charge to see more then 2 pages of posts???? maybe its beacuse there on a sinking ship trying to bail as much water with the forums as they can.....as for last year (used to be under my personal name, but that got ugly lol) sending a pm to all the users about the most popular snowmobile film out there, thunderstruck. thats pretty gutless, these guys already have there section of the industry by the balls....how about guys like "the crew" there donating there profits towards avy centers in co and ut....thats worth spreading around to everyone as it benefits everyone.....lets stop padding the wallets of the big guys and start supporting the little guys!!!!!

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Mountain/Deep Powder Riding at its best

That's exactly what the trailers and user videos display that are posted in this section. DEEP POW, Awesome Mountains and some great riding....

Sometimes lack of hair makes common sense fly right out....ehhh fisty?!?!:face-icon-small-win

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Guys, it is a change and like we have seen over the years we don't like change.

I would bet if the mod's would have been on top of this years ago and kept the teasers in the right section we would be complaining about people posting teasers in this section now.

I personally like them in one spot, like the movie section.

I don't suppose you guys throw all of your metric end wrenches in the same drawer as your SAE ones do ya?

:)

Thunder

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Seems to me that the mods should be concerned about generating the most traffic possible for the benefit of the site. I posted up KC's trailer in the ladies forum because it has a women's segment. I was sad to see it moved :(

Since the ladies forum gets so few posts, you would think they would want stuff posted that is relevent to draw viewers???

I agree, leave them where they're originally posted and let them get buried on their own. The mods should copy the teaser posts into movies if they want to have them all in one place.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Ok, now you pizzed off the MODS. now we have to post all pictures in the" :camera: PHOTO section" that is now being created. :face-icon-small-ton

Nope we are going to make a section just for Powderpilot posts. He's gonna have to post everything in there.

Just kidding. Its all in the name of organization. Trying to get things into the area they should be. If you want to post a link to your teaser in the ladies section, I don't see a problem with that.

Like it was stated before you don't throw all of your metric and sae Wrenches in a pile in the same drawer.
Movies and teasers belong in that section just like for sale ads belong in swapmeet.

In the long run it will make things easier to find and make the site more useful if it has some organization to it. That is why there are different sections rather than just a Snowest freeforall section.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I don't suppose you guys throw all of your metric end wrenches in the same drawer as your SAE ones do ya?

Thunder

I see it more like the guy who is so anal he has lines drawn on the wall where every little thing goes...and then can't even enjoying using the shop because he is so worried about organizing everything. They usually end up sitting alone in a perfectly organized shop....with nobody to share it with.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Guys, it is a change and like we have seen over the years we don't like change.

I would bet if the mod's would have been on top of this years ago and kept the teasers in the right section we would be complaining about people posting teasers in this section now.

I personally like them in one spot, like the movie section.

Thunder

Actually,yes I do...:face-icon-small-win

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
For the first time on Snowest all of the trailers are being moved to the movie section? Why the move this year?

Shoot last year I got a PM promoting one of them now this year they are getting buried?

That section is hardly used..never even sees double digit viewers at one time. While this section rolls near 50 viewers at a time. For some reason this has become the place everybody posts their pics and videos...in fact looking thru it is comprised almost entirely of that content.

Why not just combine the two and bring users together instead of separating and dividing the content?

With the limited use of that forum and the preference of most folks to post their videos here or in General, the possibilities are being discussed regarding where and what to do on this.

My own personal opinion is the same as yours, I'd rather see the vids posted in General or in here at the users discretion to bring a little more community feel back, but what the majority of the folks want is what will be best in the end...

For now though the options and input are being looked at.... stay tuned

:beer;

Premium Features