• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP: A Few ?'s for a Project

C
Mar 13, 2008
MT
Hey all. I am doing a feasibility study for a tech. writing class for my university and I'm looking for some insight on a couple of questions. My study involves the feasibility of filming, producing, and marketing a new backcountry sled film. I need to know what you, the possible viewers of this film, think about a few options.

1. High Definition vs. Standard Definition
I know, I know...HD is FAR better than SD but for the sake of the study, which do you prefer?

2. Climbing vs. Boondocking/Tree Riding
I need to know what people are into so I know what to make the focus of this flick. Films such as Thunderstruck and Krazy Kanadian Adventures are obviously chute climbing films that catch people's attention. On the other hand, Burandt's BCA and 208 Productions are pushing the envelope with some sweet sidehilling powder shots that blow people away.

I hope some of you will take the time the tell me what you think you would like to see in a new production. :beer;

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
I think the HD is overrated. Sure it looks good, but sometimes it looks fake, or cartoonish (don't know if anyone else finds this). I personally enjoy seeing tree riding, sidehilling with quick maneuvers a la Burandt/Rasmussen. The sound of the sled is always nice, as not everyone has the same taste in music, but most can agree that an echoing/screaming sled is great to listen to. I also enjoy seeing the mod side of sleds, closeups of the work that has been done to the machines. Not one for shooting guns, farting around with fire etc... I buy sled films to watch folks pushing limits and enjoying nature. Just my 2 cents!

M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
I perfer HD. It is the way everything is headed, so go with HD.

As far as content of the video goes, I like to see the crazy stuff people do, like big jumps and drops. The boondocking is also very fun to watch. I like to a good mix of both, Slednecks is a great example. Also, it is nice to see some shots that look good. Anybody can film a shot with bad lighting and the wrong settings on the camera, but the shots that were well thought out with perfect lighting always look the best.

Premium Features