• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help on starting issue, starts and dies out!!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
buddy last ride out came down a hill with his sled and slowly hit a trees sideways, around the can, he had no parts bent but the stering coulmb plastic was all out

at the end of the day, 3 hrs latter the he shut the sled off at the trucks, and a bit latter when he tried to start, it would start and then die, we added fuel, and so on but no luck

i have it in the garage and it seams to start when cold(not been started for a few hrs) then dies after 5 seconds and will not start again, i check the plugs for spark and there is no spark

cheked all wires and harness around chaincase and still the same outcome, not sure what else to try

any other ideas would be appreciated

thanks fred

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
my assisants and myself finnally found the issue, broken wire to the top of the coil, i had looked at the spot 3 times and never seen anything wrong, but wire was still holding together with insualation, real prick to find

his machine is on its third season now with 2000 miles and i guess this crap is now due to give issues, i had a similar issue with the rave soenoids a while back and it turned out to be a broken wire as well

thanks all

IMG_1071.jpg IMG_1080.jpg

Premium Features