• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setting Up Round Slide Mikuni's On a 91 Phazer?

B
Jan 1, 2008
I have a 91 Phazer II with Mikuni Round Slide 38mm Carbs. I have a couple of questions:

• I just cleaned both the carbs and am trying to set the idle speed. What is the best process to use for setting the idle speed?
  • I have the Idle RPM I want but I am certain that one carb is set differently then the other.
  • Can you turn the Idle Mixture Screw in to far to the point that it interferes with the slide.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
I had a new 1990 Phazer II, so it's been a while. I did find an old book with a little info. You need to locate the pilot air screws on side of each carb. Turn these in until lightly seated, and back out 1 1/2 turns. You set idle speed by turning the throttle stop screw in (increase) or out (decrease) until your idle speed is 1600. You do need the vacuum gauge to sync properly. It is connected to the intakes under the rubber caps and set at a fast idle to have the same reading for both carbs.

Turning the idle screw will raise and lower the slide.

Hope this helps!

Premium Features