• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PrayN4snow's Stage build/tuning the AXYS RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Haven't received it yet, is there any resistor to this setup like the SLP? Or just bolt er up and ride?
Also ordered the PCv from Dynotec with their map loaded..

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Haven't received it yet, is there any resistor to this setup like the SLP? Or just bolt er up and ride?
Also ordered the PCv from Dynotec with their map loaded..

From BMP's website for the Axys 800 pipe:

• Fits all 2015-Up Axys 800 HO models
  • Gains 10-11 horsepower
  • Big mid range to peak horsepower gains
  • Huge amount of R&D time to make the best pipe on the market
  • Fits into our BMP mufflers or the stock muffler
  • Easy bolt-on performance
  • No EFI controller required with just the pipe (or with pipe/durability), but we HIGHLY recommend one
  • EFI controller is required when used with our billet head kit
  • For even better gains, use with the Bully Dog GT with BMP Tunes (Big Gains!)
  • Premium pump fuel is required - ALWAYS RUN IN ETHANOL MODE - Run non-ethanol fuel if possible
  • Run 8100-8300rpm with stock programming, or 8200-8400 with BMP programming, 8300-8500 with our durability kit and programming
  • Ceramic coated finish

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Anyone else have the Polaris Premium cover for their sled? Mine fits excellent, I have a full and a 3/4 cover. The only thing I wish I would have remembered that Im passing the info on, is keep your foam covers that came on your running boards. Zip tie them back on if your going any long distance because the running boards will eat up the bottom if you don't. The other thing that saves the cover for long trips is I put my kid's handlebar gauntlets over the bars.

IMG_5118.jpg IMG_5120.jpg IMG_5119.jpg

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Installed a durability kit on my sled a couple days ago. Before i had a stg2 kit and now all hell broke loose with the stg3 map. ??
73 grams, sealvl, 163"/3"and still goes straight to revlimiter. Going up on to a little more elevation today so hopefully 73 will work there.
I know a friend of mine runs 68grams there so if it turns the same rpm as him then i must say hands down to BMP!

As of now its way stronger then my -13 858 machine. ???

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Installed a durability kit on my sled a couple days ago. Before i had a stg2 kit and now all hell broke loose with the stg3 map. ??
73 grams, sealvl, 163"/3"and still goes straight to revlimiter. Going up on to a little more elevation today so hopefully 73 will work there.
I know a friend of mine runs 68grams there so if it turns the same rpm as him then i must say hands down to BMP!

As of now its way stronger then my -13 858 machine. ???

Davajn, glad to hear yours is pulling good over there! Our snow is getting low here:( Ive been out each day trying to get as much riding in as I can. My oldest kid (18) rode the stage 3 today and it scared her. When the power band hits...wow it pulls like crazy! Before judging, she's been riding mod sleds, dirt bikes and wheelers for years, was the stunt rider in the movie Ice Bragade and has two black belts. I was starting to think she wasn't afraid of anything;)
I know this is a dumb comparison because everyone hated the old 900 Polaris but this pulls like the stage 3 SLP kit that I had on that with a boondockers NOS. To bad I totaled that sled getting greedy on the NOS at Hatchers Pass in AK...Like my daughter, I should've known my limits lol

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Quote: Originally Posted by snoballssnoglory
"Anybody run SLP then switch to bike man? Or vice versa. Like to hear a review from an unbiased customer.
Pray4snow... No offense but you are biased. (I've been following) I would be too had I built my kit with the close contact w the manufacturer. I do appreciate your reviews and effort so don't get the wrong impression! I've had one other independent review which gives me reason to believe bike man kits are performing in the mountains quite well. Just trying to verify.
I'm a Ronnie Reagan type of fella!
Let me tell ya, I am biased toward SLP due to their product performance and customer service and support. It's very important to me and Adam at SLP HAS DELIVERED time and time again, over the years!
Just don't wanna leave anything on the table. Cheers."

Biased,
Id like to respond to snoballsnoglory comment on a different post that my review is biased. Your certainly entitled to your opinion and thats fine and I didn't take it as offensive. Like you, my opinion is just that an opinion. Thank you for reading some of my posts, I'm guessing that you haven't read all of them or you would see all the praise Ive given other manufactures over the years. Ive looked at your posts and like you said “Let me tell ya, I am biased toward SLP”, which is also fine. "I would be too had I built my kit with the close contact w the manufacturer" which I would ask, why wouldn't you have close contact with any company you're ordering parts from?? Where would you like me to start? Have I called anyone or any manufacture out? Or talked trash about them or their products? If I was biased, I would have capitalized on the other manufactures short comings on product failures and bandaids. Or others promises to have similar titanium products out before the start of the season which still haven't materialized at the end of the season. I could go on and on. However power sports performance mods are a risky business. Did I have a crystal ball that told me that I would have no problems this year? As many people see me out on the snow, everyone would know when and if my sled burnt up, pipe split, went down, towed back or anything else that would keep me from riding. Reading my past, Id would have actually expected it, its what can happen when you mod things. If anything did break or go down I would have posted it. Notice how the other manufactures on here haven't called me out? I see their personal account names reading my posts. Its because they know how many products of theirs Ive had over the years “the good, the bad and the ugly”. Ive spent a ridicules amount of money on the pursuit to go fast over the years in cars, sleds, wheelers, jet skis, trucks etc. Never, has there been a warranty from anyone of them because its a “known or expressed risk” for me (us) when I mod something. Ive failed more than Ive succeeded and they (aftermarket) are all happy to take our money with the caveat that their reputation is on the line. There are some fine companies out there, that competition is great for us the consumer. Im not brand biased ether, they each make some good products in certain platforms. I have, Pol, Cat and Doo in my garage. Buy what fits you, works for you and what you get the best deal/support from. Right now, the Axys is top in my book by far. My wife wanted a 4 stroke and Pol isn't there simple as that. Back to being “biased”, Ive ran SLP pipes, cans, heads, big bores, air boxes, porting on so many sleds I cant remember. Ive burnt up more pistons and cylinders than you can imagine as well as had great luck with their products. One example of great success is my 07 700 Pol Dragon. I ran this in the stock class with recorded times. I put on the SLP pipe & can in full view of everyone in attendance including tech inspection between rounds (use fireman gloves) to run in the improved and mod classes. These races are usually with in 10th’s of a second in each class. With this pipe I was shaving seconds off my time. When It came to the king of the hill runs I had to switch back to stock then back to the SLP (smoking hot). This ran consistent each time. Now, it wasn't just me, my friend and riding buddy’s sled went down during the race. He asked if he could run my sled too. The officials said it was ok, and like a dummy I let Johnny and he beat me on my own sled in the King runs lol. Well, he was the winningest rider up there for years so I shouldn't have felt bad. Back to the build, Ive ran Fastrax motors (union bay), porting etc, Hot seat, speedwerks, Holz and more. I Cant say anything bad about them because they have all helped me go fast failure or success. This build is only my “actual" experiences with Bikeman performance. Did the products work for me? Yes. Did I have “any” problems at all? No. Did I get excellent customer service when I had questions on the Bully dog or other things? Yes. Did others have the same experience this year with their products as me? As far as I can see yes. I didn't even put Bikeman’s name or BMP in the title of my stage tune build. I didn't know how it was going to go this year, but it went extremely well and every time I pull the throttle on my sled and that extra power rolls on….I get that stupid looking smile on my face and it reminds me of why we do this. Ive even told people where I live if they want to come ride for transparency. So, after a full season of never having to wrench on a mod’ed sled that has performed exactly the way it was advertised, I guess you could say Im happy:) Im headed out riding, fresh snow last night!

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Long term test results

Its been a while since I posted much on S.W. But Ive been seeing many of you out on the snow or getting P.M's from people asking me how everything is going. Good questions, and thanks for those of you that have rode my sled for not crashing it as I do a good enough job of that on my own.
So far I haven't put a wrench to this mod except clutching changes, checking plugs and compression. Its ran excellent from Upper Michigans low elevations to out west from 8-12,000ft. I did have a non mod related issue with the TPS but so has many others out there. Now that there are lots of Bikeman pipes, cans, and stage kits out there others are telling me their happy too with much of the same success Ive had with there kits. I was out in Wolf Creek again two weeks ago with tons of deep powder! Sled ran great even with the low elevation heads. Im riding in Upper MI now, and heading back out west soon. Im going to switch to the high elevation heads this time when I head out.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
* To publicly respond to a couple P.M's.
Sorry you've had a bad experience with a different company's pipe. No I have not had any problems or cracks in the Bikeman pipe. Early in this post you will see there was no weight loss with this pipe compared to stock. BMP's pipe has always been thicker on the Axys. It even weighs more than the stock with the cover and insulation. It holds heat really well (important) because of this and the ceramic coating.
The other brand your complaining about actually has a good long term reputation and Ive used their products in the past which I also mentioned. I know you took theirs off and went back to stock. Call them and give them a chance to fix it. I know last year they had a lot of problems with this and were really backed up with claims, but they warrantied the ones I heard about.
Back to topic. Long term results, maybe I should make a separate thread to see how everyones (long term) experiences is with any mods of any brands?

Last edited:
Premium Features