• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Models

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
SK

That's the beauty of the sidekick....there is literally no tuning required. The EBC compensates for elevation keeping the clutching needs consistent. I have a handful of riding buddies that pulled the trigger and they literally haven't touched anything for 5k to 13k in elevation. The rpm is right at 8500 all the time. My buddies, god bless them, definately aren't mechanics and would have zero patients if things weren't right!

the sidekick definitely needs tuning. I'm not sure what you guys are defining tuning as but if you don't ride at the same elevation all the time it is going to need to be tuned for specific elevations. Clutching, fueling, ect.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Its funny that they advertise that they dont need any tuning, but all the boondocker "athletes" are raving about their vohk tuned sidekick's. Means they still need to be optimized to the sled and rider.

Vohk did the tuning for the sidekick. He also did the clutching.

So when an "athlete" says my vohk tuned sidekick that literally means vohk tuned it.
And Guess what? You can buy the same vohk tuned sidekick from boondocker for 3995.

Its a statement to inspire confidence in you, the consumer, that your kit right from boondocker has vohk mapping in it and will run like a vohk tuned turbo, because it literally is a vohk tuned turbo.

Premium Features