• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM Video

toddb

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2010
Chanhassen,MN
<IFRAME height=315 src="<a href=" width=560 target="_blank" 3eN7T_dt72A? embed www.youtube.com http: href="http://www.youtube.com">http://www.youtube.com/embed/3eN7T_dt72A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Last edited:

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
The whole video is impressive, but I was particularly impressed with the side hill maneuver at about 1:20. That's a difficult maneuver, and the rider makes it look effortless!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Would liked to see the same rider try the same stuff on the RMK pro they had with them.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Madmax in the text below the YouTube video he says that he couldn't do the things they were doing on the XM when riding the Pro. XM looks really impressive in that video. Those are tough conditions and the XM looked really easy to ride. Those riders are really good but even so they don't look like they are even working that hard to pull those maneuvers. When he is sidehilling across that steep slope the XM never tries to pitch downhill or turn uphill unexpectedly. Also, I am surprised how much forward drive the XM has even when layed over on its side panel.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Yeah, the video is impressive. Crappy conditions and riders made it look easy. Sled looks awesome.

Have a buddy of mine who is on the fence between the XM and the Pro.

I keep wondering why the XM and the older XP's need such a narrow stance to achieve performance? ProRMK is 39-41, my MTX is 38-40 but the doo's remain very narrow, albiet with a anti swaybar

Is the downside that a driver error or quick terrain change result in a roll over or a pitch off the seat because of side to side stability?

Not wanting to bash guys, just want to understand the differences.

OTM

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Appears that the sled is turning up when the rider does not want it too...kinda washing out?

Could be snow conditions or rider.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
It looks like the bars are really giving him a workout, just like the XP does in set up snow.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Yeah, the video is impressive. Crappy conditions and riders made it look easy. Sled looks awesome.

Have a buddy of mine who is on the fence between the XM and the Pro.

I keep wondering why the XM and the older XP's need such a narrow stance to achieve performance? ProRMK is 39-41, my MTX is 38-40 but the doo's remain very narrow, albiet with a anti swaybar

Is the downside that a driver error or quick terrain change result in a roll over or a pitch off the seat because of side to side stability?

Not wanting to bash guys, just want to understand the differences.

OTM

It could be the 16" track? Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
It could be the 16" track? Just thinking out loud here.

Sledsrock:

X2. The track is part of it for sure, as a 16 is definitely harder to roll it on its side, however with XM's new 12" rods in the track, the edges should flex more, and that should make it handle more like a 15".

What I am wondering is more related to the front end: Now that the track and skid flex, will it be predictable on its side or just plain twitchy? I keep thinking this new design will turn and lay over very easily, but one mistake and it becomes a rolling pin!

If I was Burant, this wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately most of us are not. Like most people, if I screw up, I let the sled go and it USUALLY stays upright without a rider.

If its narrowness and flex causes it to dive, we'll be doing alot more shoveling next winter!

OTM

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I am not Burandt, not even his retarded cousin and when I rode the XM I didn't think it was "tippy". I thought it was responsive and very easy to roll into a sidehill but I wouldn't call it tippy. Tudizzle and Hurricane Tim I am not seeing what you are seeing. Can you zero me in on the time in the video when you think it's happening? I did see one time where the rider turned up hill a little earlier and more suddenly than he had on the other runs across the hill but that is it.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
That rider wasn't that good! It looks like the sled rolls up easy, but there is no balancing points! Like he had a hard time keep it on its edge when he was side hilling!!

Ryan

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Video opinion

Until you've riden the XM you can say what you want about the video but I've exsperienced it first hand.

If you can make an XP do as easily on what you can do with an XM you're either an super incredibally great rider or you're a 21 year old with arms like a gorrila or both.

As far as a balance point goes it definetly has one, I rode it and could keep it on it's side, on hard pack trail snow all day while turning either direction. You can also ride it across tracked up and rutted up snow with out it ripping the bars out of your arms which the xp was famous for. Not bragging as I think anyone will be able do this.

The rider input this thing needs is a fraction of what the xp requires.

There will be a lot of smiling faces.

Premium Features