• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Race Ignition? wanting to clean things up.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What I am looking to do on my turbo 700 doo motor is eliminate the whole factory wiring harness on it and just run an ignition system, and pull some DC power out of the voltage regulator to power the fuel and oil pumps, grip warmers and my koso egts/water/rpm gauge.

Is there anything that exists from the factory which allows something like this? Any ideas or thoughts on how to get this done, please just feed me ideas.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Any of the snocross 2003 and up are what you want.

the older 2003-2005 mpem 290 watt is the least output

the 2006 to 2007 360 watt ecm style is my favorite and ups the output for pumps.

the 2008 to present rs 360 watt is tops. this generation requires no overvoltage protection unlike the others. On the older units having Not enough draw on the lighting coil would cause stator failures and cdi burnout.

Get the entire system with gauges if you can from a wreck..check with the snox classifieds or some race teams on the hills, its all a bolt on , no hassles and you can get the box programmed to your likes..

For most turbos you can just leave the race curve for race fuel and unhook the pre heat button to switch curves to the pre loaded oem pump gas map in every snox box.!! when you connect the preheat button the bonus is LAUNCH BOOST !! that button holds rpm at 4500 and retards timing. You can build as much boost as you like with it and dump th button for launch ! it rocks...lol..boost amount is throttle position dependent,, 1/4 throttle should be around 8-12 psi .. its more fun than it sounds...flames out the pipe too!

Gus:face-icon-small-ton

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
Gus,
Any recommendation for timing curve with a 800? I want to run a 3071 on it.
Low elevation. Any insight as far as compression/boost/octane? Or atleast a starting point. I have an 08 rs wiring setup. I was going to sell it but I'm really liking the sound of the preheat button function.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
gus, thank you for the idea!! boosted launches on a mountain sled sounds amazing!

also, if you have a line on any of them, please let me know, I am very interested in one. sounds ideal for my setup.

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
Gus,
Any recommendation for timing curve with a 800? I want to run a 3071 on it.
Low elevation. Any insight as far as compression/boost/octane? Or atleast a starting point. I have an 08 rs wiring setup. I was going to sell it but I'm really liking the sound of the preheat button function.

08 - 10 rs box for the stocker would be great for you. the mod box has to much timing for the 800.. these 600 boxs work out to be 14.5 degrees stock on 600 stroke and 12.2 degrees on the 800 stroke..no remapping, no offset key needed..

My favorite for racing or race gas is the 600 mod curve, it puts the 800 at 15 degrees and revs to 8700.

remeber, the 600 boxs all rev limit at 8700. they dont so much studder as just pull lots of timing really fast..great for boost..

Contact GLH performance. he sells in the classified doo parts.. he has access to lots of systems..

Gus

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
gus, thank you for the idea!! boosted launches on a mountain sled sounds amazing!

also, if you have a line on any of them, please let me know, I am very interested in one. sounds ideal for my setup.

If glh doesn't have one. Let me know. I know a couple guys that have them.

Premium Features