• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride on my turbo performance xp

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
That's the kit I am after. More information on the sled with the TP kit on it. I have a pretty stock '08 154 with a SLP pipe, V force 3s, Exits in the rear, Zero Pro R (Remotes) in the front, team secondary, has under 800 miles. Needs the motor to be put back in though. Trade for sled with the TP kit?

Last edited:

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
here is the thing..

would take 10k for the sled today, it has been rebuilt by Weller's 800 miles ago under warrenty.Some where around 2600 miles total. I have electric start with an odessey battery ($300) it weighs only 5#. Fox float shocks up front $600 with light weight high strength a arms and spindle$400, simmons ski's$400. 1 turbo kit with cold air intake installed by the Boyz.$6000 It has a Digatron egt $400, tru-boost gauge $330;air-fuel ratio gauge by tru-boost
$250;oil pressure gauge with warning $200. Plus all the stock stuff taken off to install turbo ( air box, fuel pump etc)
Will send pics to anyone seriously interested

M
Jul 13, 2011
Sutter, Cali
not to be off topic but what is the pn on your odessey battery? i run one on my diesel drag truck and i love it because i didnt have room for two batteries. if i keep my electric start, i need a new battery anyway lol why not get a decent one.

also i bet your issue is that tru boost controller.

Last edited:

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
i still give up

tried bypassing my tru-boost with a splicer. tee-ed in an aux gauge and seen 3# boost on a hard run thru my hay field at 5200', had slight run on. Put it in my shop and took pics, sled is for sale... Thanks for any help people have offered

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I still can't understand?

You say this Turbo gig is an age thing? I think you've just flat-out given up! I will stop doing what I do when I'm dead. How we do something is how we do everything. Good luck in the rest of your life.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Josh did call today and i am going to try to bypass my tru-boost controller and go direct and see if the boost comes back. i also took out the heavy spring in the bov put in a very light spring, very light boost, installed medium spring have 1 or 2 lbs boost but a little run on has also returned, lengthened the arm on the waste gate, no change. Sled has only 5 miles total after turbo install!
I am getting tired of messing with it, have read many posts on here of people fighting boost problems for ever, i am a plug and play kind of guy so if anyone wants to take over on a more than likely small problem the sled is for sale, i am going back to my 08 800xp that has given me no trouble at all. I am to old (65)to drag a sled out of the hills because of a small problem....

If your only building 1 or 2 pounds boost and assuming no boost leak would you not want to shorten the rod and put more tension against the gate? Not lengthen it. Some one is going to buy this thing and fix it easily ill bet.

Last edited:
Premium Features