• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys TPS ajustment

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So I read through SRXSrules thread (https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404826) on TPS ajustment which I believe was originally written for the Polaris Pro (pre axys) sled. I have a 16’ stock axys and a 17’ with boondocker sidekick turbo. The stocker starts easily the first pull, but idles at 2300 rpm. The turbo takes 3-4 pulls to start with some throttle to get it going. So I wondered if adjusting the TPS would help. I really wanted to see how easy it would be. Was not looking forward to tearing the whole sled down like intructed in the write up.

Axys BD sidekick was a breeze. All I had to do was pull the side panels, hood and secondary clutch to access the 8mm lock nut and 2.5mm screw for the idle. Literally takes only these two tools, 8mm box end wrench and 2.5mm driver. It’s very easy to access the lock screw from the clutch side of the sled with the secondary removed. The 8mm box end is accessed from the top and the Allen screw from under the airbox from the rear. See pics. Literally took about 30 minutes to do the entire precedure following the srxsrules instructions for adjustment.

74A0A2C4-EBAB-40A5-A470-3F86793DC42B.jpg 4274E088-5A71-409F-918C-CA45777E1B10.jpg

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After the turbo sled was so easy I was feeling pretty confident to tackle the stock axys. Really was not looking forward to spending a couple hours to do this and tear the whole sled apart to do it. Luckily I found the axys to be quite easy, not as easy as the turbo, but close. I’m not going to go through an every bit and bolt tear down, but basically pulls the hood, side panels, air intake box (top of hood) and secondary clutch. Leave the ECU plugged in, just remove the two 10mm acttachment screws. Remove the two 10mm screws that hold the back of the clutch guard in place and swing the clutch guard/oil tank out of the way. Leave the oil line and wires in place. Remove the air intake tract that’s above the oil tank, there is a torques screw that’s holds it in place to the airbox. Now the airbox is very accessible. Unplug the spark plugs, unplug each electrical plug to each ignition coil, disconnect the throttle cable loop to the airbox and the 2 zip ties that hold the wires to the airbox. Loosen the two worm clamps that hold the airbox to the throttle bodies. Now pull the airbox out the hole where the secondary clutch and oil tank were. Leaves a huge working area to access the 8mm lock but and 2.5 mm Allen screw for TPS adjustment using SRXSrule instructions. The whole procedure took under an hour. My sled still starts easily, but the idle is down from 2300 rpm to 1850.

D8F8EEAC-AE52-47B4-A5D4-2FCE2B8910D9.jpg 29F775B8-BA55-492D-BAED-955E59E08FE7.jpg

Premium Features