• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone looked at their Diamond S can lately?

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
In my case, 3000 km's on an '16 XM and 1500 on a G4 with no cracking issues whatsoever. Did what I could to make sure install was correct and I'm willing to bet that if you have an issue, Scott and DS will fix it.

OTM

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
We didnt hear anything from you if its a diamond S exhaust. We will take care of it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

i traded my sled in as is and the other guys in the group have already contacted you.... thanks for taking care of them!!!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Looks like you left all that useless foam in there. That probably helps dampen the vibration. I'd still be suspect if you got your can early last year. The part where it started to crack on both mine isn't in your picture. It would be farther right than the picture shows.

Lol! Yes I left the stock foam and in there on exhaust side only. It works. Good thing I did, cause I may need to put the stock exhaust back on if the TI goes bad.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Since I am here at the Snow Show and Diamond S is here I went over to ask them about this. They said there are about 75 cans with this issue they would like to upgrade free of charge to any owner that has one.

This is what the upgraded can looks like now

3ccca4ea8cd272fcb4d45b8553ea3010.jpg

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I was there yesterday also, walked up to the Diamond S booth, overheard a guy say something about a broke can, the Diamond S people were quite rude to him told him to just leave. I did not hear the entire conversation, but I heard enough to know I did not need that kind of customer service.
thanks/no thanks.

Since I am here at the Snow Show and Diamond S is here I went over to ask them about this. They said there are about 75 cans with this issue they would like to upgrade free of charge to any owner that has one.

This is what the upgraded can looks like now

3ccca4ea8cd272fcb4d45b8553ea3010.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
hey why did u get a snow block off on your outlet? I didn't and realized quickly how much snow was getting packed in there. fabricated one to fit the bellypan but isn't holding up....

yours looks to seal up nicely

Mine is one of the original 75, they will change for free I guess. Mine has not broken and yes it does work well and no snow gets in. I don’t k ow what to do. If not broken don’t mess with it I guess, probably give them a call next week.

C
Dec 4, 2015
Thanks for the heads up Chadly!!! Mine is also cracked in the same spot. Guess I’ll be making a call to diamond s this week. Hopefully it’s not a long turnaround to get the can fixed.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Last year on FB and here i warned about this because a friend almost burned his new Axys to the ground with one of their cans I got attacked on here and FB for warning about this issue. Looks like it still exists. We as consumers should not have to do YOUR R&D and testing after paying so much for what appears to be a low quality untested product.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
My Titanium one is cracked on my Polaris as well. Might have to try the ssi titanium cans I know there not as quiet.

I sell SSI, they make a good product but we had the same problems with the first batches of those as well. Eric Like Scott has replaced all the faulty ones as far as I know.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Last year on FB and here i warned about this because a friend almost burned his new Axys to the ground with one of their cans I got attacked on here and FB for warning about this issue. Looks like it still exists. We as consumers should not have to do YOUR R&D and testing after paying so much for what appears to be a low quality untested product.

Brand new sleds that companies didn't get until we got. I'm perfectly fine paying to be part of the R and D. If you are afraid then you should probably wait. I don't think they forced anyone to buy their products. If you aren't smart enough to realize stuff last year wasn't tested on 850's then shame on you.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
From the looks of it, the cracks are starting at the stamped geometry and are likely more due to that process, and it being over-aggressive, than a workmanship issue. Welding looks perfect. And, yes, Titanium does fatigue more easily but can also be just as durable. I've seen many head-pipe designs from motocross that take a beating and don't crack.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I got both of my can back in less then a week. That is some awesome service. They are both fixed and as good as new! Scott obviously stands behind is product.

Premium Features