• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I bypass the Tss?

sledsnowco

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2009
colorado
My throttle safety switch is acting up and I would like to bypass it. Has anyone done this yet?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Access the TSS, cut the tape holding it together, remove cover, remove the plunger spring and spring retainer and tape back together. You can also just tape the plunger down. Do at your own risk and always wear your tether! Mine was acting up so I gutted mine as well.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
No need to tear the sensor apart. I have always pulled it out of the throttle block and wrapped electrical tape around it to keep the pin pushed in. Then put it under the hood inside a ziplock bag to keep moisture out of it.

I
Nov 26, 2007
PM Loudhandle on here and buy the plug. No need to destroy the factory switch. IIRR the plug was $25-30 bucks and they work perfect.

I can vouch for loud handles plug in bypass. I was having trouble with my tss yesterday, I planned on taping it down and stuffing it under the hood like I have done on other sleds but saw this post and picked up the bypass. Rode all day today without a hiccup.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I can vouch for loud handles plug in bypass. I was having trouble with my tss yesterday, I planned on taping it down and stuffing it under the hood like I have done on other sleds but saw this post and picked up the bypass. Rode all day today without a hiccup.

Glad I could help out and make your riding time better. As always, Happy to help!

While I'm very opinionated, regarding my likes and dislikes. I do understand that when you have time set aside to ride and the sled is giving you grief, how much it helps to remove the issue at hand and be able to ride.

Thanks for the Plug! Pun intended!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I made 50 more of my TSS Bypass Jumpers over the weekend. If anyone wants or needs one or more, PM me. Thanks!

Premium Features