• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt wear on your -18?

J

Jooohan87

Aug 28, 2011
Hello

How is your belt holding up with this new automatic belt tensioner?

250miles (400km) no problems here:)

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
any of you guys getting the center bearing getting sticky then squealing bad. will run 5 min or so then must heat up bearing and it starts squealing. are the center shaft bearings replaceable ?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
any of you guys getting the center bearing getting sticky then squealing bad. will run 5 min or so then must heat up bearing and it starts squealing. are the center shaft bearings replaceable ?

If its an EB check with your dealership about the recall for this

L
Dec 13, 2012
18 mt cat belt life

600 miles on original belt, no problems. Felt I was starting to lose RPM in the deep heavier snow however! Put on a new belt, broke in slowly and now the sled rips like I am used to. Keeping the old belt as a spare. I have witnessed the squeeling sound mentioned once the belt is warm?

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
1000+ looks perfect! Possibly one of my favorite 18 changes!

i get asked all the time what i like about my 18 the most. its always motor and clutching is my reply. And i'm coming off a really good 16' pro that i also liked.

my biggest complaints were handlebars, controls, skis and better fit/finish in the air intake/hood. If they fix those next year it would be a perfect sled for me out of the box.

Premium Features