• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtntk turbo antifreeze/oil leak

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
On a 17 axys...notice a couple things last year with it...run redline oil so noticed some oil(fresh) dripping from under belly pan near exhaust outlet but more inward...wasn't bad and was clean oil so wasn't to worried...also notice sled would use a little antifreeze every couple rides maybe a few ounces to a cup..initial thought was it was still burping itself. Finish riding it last year and just now starting to look into oil leak. Figured maybe it was oil pump/line so took turbo off to get a look at pump area. During disassembly found this in silicon tube(see picture) couldn't quite tell if mixture of oil/water or antifreeze...seemed like antifreeze/oil. Anyway oil pump and inlet and outlet lines where clean, didn't notice any area where oil was running down to chasssis/belly pan area. So thought problem was further down under engine at injection nipples or the mtntk line setup that is part of the kit. Took throttle bodies and fuel rails to get closer look...could see a little fresh oil down in the bulkhead but couldn't get a good enough view to see maybe where it was coming from. Might have to take intake boots off to get better look. Decided to take belly pan protector off to clean and get a better look of where maybe oil was coming from. After taking protector off there was fresh oil and antifreeze collected on the protector...not a ton but enough to probably say this is my oil and antifreeze issue. I have since did pressure tests (over night testing)on the entire cooling system both as a whole and individual pieces(coolers/intercooler) turbo looked clean no signs of leaks for oil or antifreeze. So any thoughts on where antifreeze is coming from? Still need to get better access to oil lines that run under front/under the motor. Thanks for any thoughts.

IMG_1896.jpg

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
This isn't apples to apples as I'm on a 13 pro w/mtntk but I didn't have the worm clamp tight enough on the coolant hose going to the turbo on the coolant tank side. Looked tight but wasn't.

Premium Features