• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 jetting with atacc

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
anybody that used an atacc on an 800 what would you use for jetting. base jetting 4800 ft and 0 degrees. i have an slp single and flowrites

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You are supposed to jet fat for a real low altitude and then pull and reset the blue hose at your base altitude, as I recall. The carburetor that you drilled a hole in the top, will be 10 fatter than the other, as I recall. You have got to read the plugs and go by how throaty the engine sounds. A throaty engine means it is jetted about right. The atacc only lasts 2 years and then you get to buy another one. Everybody jets to different altitudes so you are probably not going to find someone exactly like yours.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
when i installed mine i jetted the sled for the coldest (-20f) and lowest (0 elevation) i rode at, installed it exactly as stated in the instructions and it ripped all year. call holtzman if you can't figure it out. super helpful.

pv

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
when i installed mine i jetted the sled for the coldest (-20f) and lowest (0 elevation) i rode at, installed it exactly as stated in the instructions and it ripped all year. call holtzman if you can't figure it out. super helpful.

pv

^^^^^^^ correct, in your case it sounds lijke 4800 feet is your base elevation????? If so jet for 4800' and minus 20. Done.:cool:

PV is also correct on Holtzman is very helpful, actually answers the telephone, you don't see that too often these days.

I've installed (5) ATAAC's, 2 on my sleds 3 on my buds, did everything it said and more, GREAT product.:face-icon-small-hap We usually ride @ 1200' Upper Peninsula Michigan and trailer our short tracks out to West Yellowstone every few years (24 hour drive) the ATAAC's performed flawlessly on the (3) sleds we had out there for 8 days of riding.

I dont't know what the other guy is talking about jetting one carb richer due to it being a vacuum source and the ATAAC needing to be replaced every (2) years?????:rolleyes:

Last edited:

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Holtzman says up front when they sell you the ATAAC, that it only lasts 2 years.

D
Jul 21, 2009
Northern WI
Why does it only last two years? It seems like a well built unit, what goes bad to make it so it only lasts two years? When I look a the SLP page where the ATACC is sold, it doesn't say anything about only being good for two years.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Holtzman says up front when they sell you the ATAAC, that it only lasts 2 years.

News to me, never heard that before????:confused:

I purchased the units direct from Holtzman in Northern Wisconsin as well and was never told this.

I'll have to look into that, are you saying the ENTIRE unit (both compensator and actuator) go bad???

We've been running these for approx 5 years now, so.......................:confused:

I just called Holtzman @ (715) 479-8727 and left a message, will post feedback A.S.A.P.

Last edited:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I just bought an 03 800 rmk for my son, it's already got the atacc on it and it came with a box that has a high flow intake kit. SLP recommends jetting +2 sizes and moving the e clip to richen it up. Is this still recommended for the atacc or stay with 0 elevation and -20f?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I just bought an 03 800 rmk for my son, it's already got the atacc on it and it came with a box that has a high flow intake kit. SLP recommends jetting +2 sizes and moving the e clip to richen it up. Is this still recommended for the atacc or stay with 0 elevation and -20f?

I've run that SLP big air kit on (2) EDGE's. ATAAC's on both

I never jetted up for it. ditto for the needles

I think that's more of a C.Y.A. for SLP;)

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Had one on my 03 edge. I put in recommended jets for 3000'(my house) and -20. When I got the sled up to my riding elevation, I went through the typical jetting procedure. The big jets were my starting point but I was able to go smaller anyways. Once I had good wash/plug color I looked at what the EGT's were reading(highly recommended on any level of performance) and rode. Didn't have to mess with jets much all year, so I believe it worked.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

I just got off the phone with Barry Holtzman, he said that's absolutely NOT TRUE!

He did say that some of the units that were manufactured prior to early 2005 had some "minor drifting" issues. Units manufactured in early 2005 and later were more "stabilized". Out of 15,000 units sold, less than 100 have been returned.

If someone were to purchase a "used unit" and didn't know what they had and wanted them rebuilt, it could be sent to Holtzman for update/rebuild for $50.00 with return shipping included.:cool:

I hope this sets the facts straight. As I previously posted I've used the ATAAC's on 2 of my own personal sleds plus 3 of my bud's sleds. At least 2 of those sleds are with us on each trip, NEVER had a problem with the ATAAC's, GREAT product.:face-icon-small-hap

Barry Holtzman (715) 479-8727 or www.holtzmaneng.com

Premium Features