• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blowing belts a safety concern

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
My comment was towards a friend with a picture posted of him stuck, saying he'd rather talk on his phone when stuck while I broke trail for him. I referred to myself as princess because that is what he called me in another thread which you did not delete haha . I don't think it required being deleted but to each their own. I don't own the forum. I just paid to be here :face-icon-small-con

I mean I don't know if breaking trail for me is the right term. Technically I broke the trail all the way till that point. Then you come for the glory shot .

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I mean I don't know if breaking trail for me is the right term. Technically I broke the trail all the way till that point. Then you come for the glory shot .

You got me confused with 1500psi the glory hound. He watches you hit something twelve times getting 95% of the way up while he is stuck then happens to go next and makes it after you paved a road 95% of the way up and then talks trash that he made it first. :face-icon-small-dis

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
lol

went through 15 belts last year... i've had the sled run over me twice on sidehills, had it hit trees, had it damn near go over a cliff, had it get horribly stuck in the worst possible situations ... had it all happen

and yeah every time it does makes you stop taking lines you normally would've

sucks, but what ya gonna do........ ride an arctic cat ? lol ... :juggle:

excuse me while I go pour myself another cup of tasty tasty doolaid.

dam bro, i think you mighta answered your own question.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chaldy you know you are smaller and weaker than at least 50% of American 15 year old males. Crap probably 25% of the females. Maybe you shouldn’t be riding an 850 either.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chaldy you know you are smaller and weaker than at least 50% of American 15 year old males. Crap probably 25% of the females. Maybe you shouldn’t be riding an 850 either.

Definitely should delete this post and ban Matte Murder. My feelings are hurt and not only am going to have to up my therapy sessions from 3 days a week to 5 to boost my self esteem, I'm going to sell both my sleds altogether because so many people on Snowest make fun of me :face-icon-small-sad

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
800 vs 600 for kids

Are u freaking serious? Maybe u should watch my son ride! Dan adams and jason blair were sure impressed! All i was doing was letting people know what happened in our situation! Do u think his being 15 had anything to do with what happened?

It's a lot more impressive to watch a kid kicking a$$ on a 600 short track keeping up with the big boys. You can still get yourself into plenty of trouble on a 600 but you don't have near as much maintenance or blown belts. I can never thank my dad enough for keeping me on a 1999 ZX 600 136" till I was 16. you know your kid better than any1 but short tracks & 600's make better riders. I can honestly say that this 850 in this chassis would have been a death trap for me from ages 16-22. 800's or 850 with young kid on them will blow 10 times the belts if he really is an aggressive rider. My first 800 I bought was the good ol 2006 skidoo 800 summit X 151" REV. Clutching was dialed it only lost 3 belts in 2500 miles never blew a belt but they would start coming apart and original owner would change them. I bought it with rebuilt motor & clutches ready to hit the snow and in 900 miles that year I had blown 15 belts. Me and my buddy Chase would carry 3 - 4 belts per sled. If there was over 2' of snow we used them all in 1 day. My dad taught me all about letting the sled breath smelling & hearing a belt let go. And every time a had the same old story. Dad I'm not an idiot I had no time to turne out it just blew haha. We laugh about it now good times. Tell your kid to be carful and enjoy the sport. Hope you don't take this the wrong way but it only gets worse from here on out if he really is heading down that path of riding.

Premium Features