• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market piston

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
I know this isn't the right place to post figured it would get the most views. Be carful when installing new pistons. And I'm pretty sure this will settle any disputes over just how many aftermarket piston companies use the same pistion mfg. can any one spot the reason not to install thies pistons? They are for a skidoo 800r motor.

IMG_0389.jpg IMG_0393.jpg

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Aftermarket pistions

We got a winner pm your address & shirt size I'll send some videos & a t-shirt. Ordered the SPI pistions off eBay from KIMBAJOE went with new parts distributor trying to save some cash over my long time parts guy. Went to install and noticed locator pin looked off. It is dead center in the middle of intake port? No biggie S**T happens emailed KIMBAJOE told him they where the wrong pistions and that I'm pretty sure thies wouldn't work in any skidoo 800 or 800r. Got ignored so I despite's the charge threw my credit card company. Guy was pist when I told him I wasn't paying for shipping guy called me a nut job and told me to hang it up and get out of the sport he'd been doing this for 50 yrs I didn't know what I was doing. Never once asked for pictures? Not good customer service haha.

IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0392.jpg

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Aftermarket pistons

Called up my normal parts guy apologized for cheating on him he told me that's what you get for trying to buy cheep o tywan pistions. We ordered up a mcb kit no big deal. Still have the spi laying around so I grabbed the mcb pistions and they are identical to the spi? Same casting stamps & wrong pin location. Called him up he said hmmm I'll look at some when I get home send a picture we'll get er taken care of. Maybe i should have installed them get a new motor out of it from KIMBAJOE haha. Short story long go with a good dealer or good mechanic not just cheep Charlie from eBay if you want good customer service.

IMG_0394.jpg IMG_0395.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Ordered the SPI pistions off eBay from KIMBAJOE went with new parts distributor trying to save some cash over my long time parts guy.

You got exactly what you deserved. The guy is right. Get out of the sport. This industry is full of people who want something for nothing. Way to be loyal. Let me guess you drive 17 hours to buy a sled from some dealer three states away to save $500 from your local dealer... Hey Mods how about we move this garbage thread to where it belongs? :face-icon-small-con

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Aftermarket pistions

Ouch haha I buy my sleds from pro caliber in Bend, OR and order 99.99% of parts out of them or my life time parts guy out of Bend, OR. Figured it would be good to post where most views for skidoo guys go in case they ordered non Oem pistion maybe save some1 a blown motor. Thought it came accrossed a little more light hearted. Haha sorry man.

IMG_0397.JPG

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I know the truth hurts a lot of people's feelings in this day and age. I'm glad you can warn the other guys who deserve the same thing.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Aftermarket pistions

I was told to install the pistions. Even though the rings are not oriented the same nothing interferes. This is from a guy with way more skidoo motor knowledge then me. He told me to install rotate motor by hand and I will see there is no port interference. Looks like I might be selling all my sleds and gettin out of the sport haha.:doh:

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
the intake port goes into the block/engine case, not the cylinder if memory serves me right ,therefor no conflict,

but just to be sure , doo like the other guy said guy
said just install them and slowly rotate to see if it snags any transfer ports .

Premium Features