• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 600 TURBO RMK

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
2012 600 RMK. HM Turbo kit with air to water intercooler and cold air intake. Walker Evans coil over ski shocks rebuilt by Carl's with Fox components. EZ-Ryde with Fox shocks. 155" Camoplast Peak track. 1118 miles. $13,500. Call or txt 775-934-7965.

New Price: $11,500 or will consider trade for 2013 or 2014 Assault.

IMG_0001-RS.jpg IMG_0002-RS.jpg IMG_0003-RS.jpg IMG_0004-RS.jpg IMG_0006-RS.jpg IMG_0007-RS.jpg IMG_0008-RS.jpg

Last edited:
W
Jan 29, 2013
Can you make a sale pitch on this please. I do not understand going the route of a turbo on a 600. What king of power does it deliver? More than a 800 stock? Why so much? I have been nosing around the swapmeet section for awhile as I want to sell my D8 and buy something I hope will be better. Seems to me like there are a lot of pimped out 800s for cheaper. A little explanation would help me make sense of the route you took to build the sled and to justify the price you are asking. Thank you.

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Can you make a sale pitch on this please. I do not understand going the route of a turbo on a 600. What king of power does it deliver? More than a 800 stock? Why so much? I have been nosing around the swapmeet section for awhile as I want to sell my D8 and buy something I hope will be better. Seems to me like there are a lot of pimped out 800s for cheaper. A little explanation would help me make sense of the route you took to build the sled and to justify the price you are asking. Thank you.

Thanks for asking, I'll give you my reasoning. I really like the "flick-a-bility" of the 600 class sleds. While it's not a weight difference, my experience with numerous 600s and 800s is that the 600s are easier and much more fun to ride. However, I missed the power of the 800 so I decided to put a turbo on a 600.

I've been riding this sled on 7 pounds of boost. There are few if any builds like this on a 600, so I don't have a set number for the horsepower. But the people I have talked to figure it's about 170-180 hp at this boost level. I haven't played with more boost as this is plenty for me in the snow conditions I ride.

The fuel mapping in it now is using only the stock injectors and they are not maxed out. The mapping has room to run more boost and it's easy enough to change. The sled does have auxillary injectors and would just need a new map to bump the boost up even more. Changing the mapping is simple if you have some understanding of what you want. Chris Shover at Dobek helped me a ton with mapping. I tell him what I want out of each mode, he emails me a new map, I download it to the box off my laptop using the infrared "dongle." I can explain this more if you'd like. Chris has been fantastic to work with.

As far as the sled, There are a number of reasons that I went with the standard RMK vs. the Pro. I don't care for the height of the pro taper bars, they are too tall for me. The standard RMK bars are slightly lower. I also like having the hand warmer controls on the bars and easily accessible. I planned on all after market suspension so I saw no need for the upgraded shocks on the Pro. And mainly, I liked the extra cooling on the standard RMK. The turbo kit on the sled has the air to water intercooler. This is routed through the front heat exchanger and is isolated from the heat exchanger in the tunnel which is cooling the motor. So the cooling isn't shared between the engine and intercooler. This makes for cooler running temps. and cooler charge temps.

We haven't gotten good snow here for the last couple of years, as noted by the approx. 1100 miles on the sled. It doesn't make good sense for me to have this kind of money tied up in a sled that I get to ride so little. I also have a couple of home improvement projects that I'd like to do so I thought I'd see if there was any interest in the sled.

Thanks again for asking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Shannon

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
You guys won't find a cleaner sled. I can speak for this sled as I ride with Shannon all the time. This thing is CLEAN. And fast. Those of you who are asking about the power, it will beat a stock 800 (as you can guess from her power estimates) and it climbs great. Don't hesitate to pick this sled up if you are looking for a sled that is meticulously maintained and runs great!!!

J
Dec 23, 2007
vernal,ut
I bought a sled from shannon a few years back and was super pleased! she is great to deal with and knows what she is talking about. I would not hesitate to buy another from her!

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
One thing to remember is that this 600 will make HP at elevation. The HP numbers might not seem crazy, but when all the NA sleds are losing HP going up in elevation this will nearly maintain its same level. Bump for a VERY nice sled!

Premium Features