• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WARNING- Watch for bad funds!!!

F

freeflorider

Mar 29, 2010
In the koots...bc
$$$

Do you guys really expect someone to show up with ~15k cash for these sleds you're selling? I don't usually carry that kind of currency around and have paid for a number of larger items with a certified cheque without any issues.

I think now a days people that buy hi end customs sleds should come to the table knowing there stuff and what there looking at. $15000. Is not that much to be packing when your looking at at custom, especially if its a deal pending move.
For me cash is king and these are toys remember...most people playing in this hi end sand box should come loaded with it.
On another note I'm seeing more and more of this and it sucks that we cant do business the old fashion way but now a days??? Best to look, buy and pay cash then both buyer and seller go away with what they want.

Dec 3, 2007
Plenty of bad acts

If the sled was not in the condition that it was purported to be in, that is fraud.For instance a seller says "It only has 500 miles on it." Then it turns out it has 5000, that is fraud. There maybe criminal liability, but certainly civil liability.

If the buyer stops payment on the check, even in the above situation, he has committed theft by deception. He has other avenues of recourse, but stopping payment isn't one of them. Definitely criminal liability and civil liability.

If the seller then threatens to beat the buyer up. That is assault, and you can go to jail for it.

Stupidest thing is these guys saying all this on the internet. Both appear to have admitted to civil and/or criminal acts....for what? Do they really think a thief or fraudster is going to give something back because of a rant? Talk to any lawyer and the first thing they will tell you is to keep your mouth shut!

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
there is no fraud or criminal asspect of this If the motor had blown when he pulled it out would you give him his money back beside who would take scratchers and mudflap off a turbo.Marcel is a standup guy who I have known and dealt with for 12 years he just beat Dlux to the punch Good on marcel

WOW.... First off, if you take possession & in return stroke a cheque then later cancel that cheque that's THEFT and or FRAUD 100%. Lets not forget this is a USED TURBO MACHINE... As is NO WARRANTY. Anybody that's ever bought anything used knows there's always a chance you can squeak a 2 smoke at any time. Especially after watching some people ride WOT for hrs straight superheating everything then wondering why it blew up haha... As for the stated that Sheriff has lots of friends that have his back, I'm reminded of a little saying "WATER SEEKS ITS OWN LEVEL" This guys is a 1000% P.O.S.
As for the rest of us this is a little reminder... DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MACHINE UNTILL FUNDS HAVE CLEARED YOUR BANK.
Good luck to Dlux would love to buy from a guy who stands behind his stuff!!

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
wow take a crumb and build a cake....You're grown-ups and supposed businessmen. Used is buyer beware, someone's word or not. One of you two needs to have some honor and step up. If this is the crap i get for "Weekly Digest", you can definitely take me off of this mailing list.....Cheers!

Premium Features