• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFI ??? Will I be too lean?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I currently have an SLP can and I want to put on a CPI pipe, but I am also planning on getting a Fire & Ice intake. With all 3 of those bolt-ons, will I run a risk of leaning out the motor too much? I know that individually they all flow better and subsequently might lean things out a bit, but where is the breaking point? Should I just forget the pipe idea since I want to go with the intake?

I'm a little confused here and want to make sure I don't hurt anything.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Call CPI for the pipe and see if you need to reflash for the pipe.

The Fire and Ice lightens up the sled and the FNI has a sensor at the output plus all the sensors at the throttle so you are not gonna have a lean condition from it.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Call CPI for the pipe and see if you need to reflash for the pipe.

The Fire and Ice lightens up the sled and the FNI has a sensor at the output plus all the sensors at the throttle so you are not gonna have a lean condition from it.

I know the pipe itself does not require a reflash, that is why my buddy originally bought it instead of the SLP setup he will be going with this year. (I got the pipe from him)

I guess it would make sense that the intake sensor and TPS would still meter the air into the motor so it makes sense that there would most likely not be a problem, I just wanted to make sure I'm not forgetting something.:eek::D

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have the SLP pipe and can and it needed a reflash.

I guess the safest way would be to add extra oil into the fuel and lighten it up after each tank.

Prior to next fill up check your plugs .... and maybe exhaust port for lean condition.

My concern is ... CPI pipe and SLP muffler ... this combo will cause a difference over a stock can / cpi pipe .... so call SLP / CPI to confirm this setup will not lean out the exhaust.

Premium Features