• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More options for the 2020 Khaos 850 RMK

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I’ve spent some time on the new 2020 850 Khaos 155” 2.6” that I’ve mentioned in other posts. As a snowcheck option you can only get 155” with a 2.6 or 3 inch track. Until now...
Kurt’s Polaris is working on some exciting options for customers. They are going to make “other options” available so you can order your sled and have it delivered by them exactly the way you want it.
For instance if you want a 163” Khaos they will convert it for you. They will swap the track and they are working with IceAge on custom longer Khaos rails. Or you could have the new rear suspension shocks with standard RMK rails. They’re even going to make a huge improvements to the kid size Polaris EVO RMK by swapping the React front suspension.
Kurt will be announcing this and more next week.
I know there are lots of questions out there about this sled. Ill be happy to answer based on “my own” seat time experiences and as a non paid average dude that just likes to ride.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I just pulled some information on Kurt’s website:
“We are family-owned and operated since 1989 and conveniently located in Missoula and Seeley Lake, MT.

We know individuality is important, which is why we pay close attention to the interests of each customer. From the minute you walk through the door, meeting your needs is our top priority. Founded not only on excellent customer service, but also on the principles of hard work and a focused attitude, Kurt's Polaris has a long list of satisfied customers. Call or stop by; you’ll be glad you did.”
https://www.kurtspolaris.com

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Kurt will be at The Jackson Hole Hill climbs all weekend if you want to ask him directly about these and more options they will do.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Curious to see/hear real on snow results next year, like the direction this is going!

I’m not counting on it, but I’m hoping I will get a chance to test a couple of these options still this year. Ice Age performance is really excited about making a 163 rail for the 155 Khaos.
I love the IceAge 163 rails on my 155 standard RMK so the new tipped up rails with the Khaos longer front track arm and shock should make the 163 really playful.

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
So that covers khaos 155-163...how about a regular 163 to 'khaos' rails in a 163?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
So that covers khaos 155-163...how about a regular 163 to 'khaos' rails in a 163?

Kurt and I were talking again while here at the Jackson hill climbs. He’s willing to try just about any combination they can work out. I’ve gone to them for years for parts so this is good news for us consumers. By the way the new Walker Evens shocks on Keith Curtis’s race sled was setting the fastest times up the nasty rutted up course today

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Kind of find it ironic how everybody tried to talk people put of assault rmks because they wheelied and trenched more than a pro rmk and now burandt said everybody needs a khaos and everyone is trying to turn their pro into a khaos lol

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Basically IceAge just has to put some 155" assault rails in the ole stretcher and bam, 163" Khaos rails haha.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
It's all in Polaris marketing... Rebrand, regraphic, update a few things, sell a crap ton. Investors are happy...

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Kurt’s Polaris has officially launched the Khaos options. Call or check out their web site. I might order a 163” with the 155” tunnel. The shocks are honestly the best factory units I’ve ever rode on a production sled!

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
For those of you that dont have Instagram this is the link Scott posted:

Kurt's is excited to introduce you to the #KurtsKhaos163.
Kurt's has partnered with @iceageperformance, @composit_tracks and @walkerevansracing to bring you this exclusive Khaos RMK 163.
When you snowcheck a Polaris Khaos from Kurt’s, you have the option to get a 163 track in your 155 platform. Kurt's is utilizing the Composit M67-2.62 track with powder coated Iceage Performance rail beams and the all new Velocity Walker Evans Racing shocks. You will have the choice between 163 RMK Khaos geometry or 163 RMK Pro geometry rail beams under this 155 Khaos platform.
For questions or inquires on this Snowcheck Exclusive Kurt's Polaris Khaos RMK 163 call them 406-541-3651 (Missoula) or 406-677-2833 (Seeley Lake)
#kurtskhaos #kurtspolaris #IceagePerformance #CompositTracks #WalkerEvans #axysrmk #PolarisRMK

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I am actually considering this but my only issue would be cooling on the trail getting to the powder. Wondering if it runs any warmer to make a difference?

If I go through with getting another sled this year I am going to do a 155 Pro RMK to save the cost of the Khaos package and then doing the iceage 163 Khaos rails and raptors. Cooling is also my concern so I am either purchase a additional tunnel cooler from MTNTK or try and source the material and make the additional cooler myself! I think that there would have to be cooling issues in low snow or set up snow conditions.

www.cvcustoms.com
Home of the 850 PIDD Power Up Cable

Premium Features