• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
I have owned my extreme snow for about two years now. It has seen alot of use as i haul my quads in the summer with it as well. I know some people complain about the build quality and have had issues with them, but i couldn't be happier with mine. It pulls extremely well and i have zero problems with mine. Yes their quality control needs to improve ( poor paint, overtightening screws etc) but overall this trailer has impressed me. The marine grade floor and large front door are the two big selling points for me. Like i said it has seen alot of miles, most of them in the summer down crappy washboard gravel roads and has not given me any trouble. Time will tell, but so far so good.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
They dont!!! I have broken hinges, broke hold downs, and the fit and finish sucks. Other then that it was a lot less then comparable trailers on price, so I'm happy. I can fix most of there mistakes over time. Good thing is that the axles run true.

G
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I have had mine for a little over a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. I got it in December '06 and have enjoyed it alot more than my previous trailer.

Pros: floor, wide front door, tows great.
Cons: overtightening of some screws, paint on tongue (although my Charmac had simlar issues).

~Gaz

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
i dont like the poor quality finish on them from what i have seen.... nothing lines up on them including flooring and they pay a 8 year old mexican kid to screw the panels on the outside about 1 in 5 screws sat flush.... triton from the few i have seen look superior in quality but i guess you get what you pay for...:beer;

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
How good do the mirage trailers hold up over time

Save your time and money and don't bother with one, let me put it that way.

Interstate and Wells Cargo are similarly priced trailers and from what I've seen are assuredly built to better quality standards than Mirage.

I've been very unimpressed with my Mirage Sno-Xtreme and I've only owned it a year and a half ... The damned thing looks 5 years old from all the rust right now, among other things ... like the spare tire mount stripping and falling out, the d-rings stripping, etc ...

Yeah, definatley can't say I'd recommend a Mirage :)

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Better look

I have had my Mirage for over two years Extreme Snow 28'
It pulls straight/ and I guess I got one built on a wednesday cause I have used this summer and winter with quads and sleds and even moving from house to house loaded with furniture.

Only prob I can see it the floor not matching completly end for end but that's not huge as it is in such a way the the skegs are not hitting the lip unless I drove in from the front door ( hope that makes sense)
I would buy another- Price is about the same as the others/ I did up grade to insulated and all the bells and whistles my premium decals are holding up well and the fit and finish is staying firm-- I just got a good trailer:)

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
I picked up a new 07 Mirage 4 place POS and could not off load it fast enough.My wife thought it was made in China.:eek: My old Haulmark was twice the trailer and thats not saying much.

C
Apr 15, 2008
Just popped in to say thank you to all the guys who have purchased, or are interested in purchasing a Mirage Trailer. We appreciate your business in every way. If you need anything, or have any questions, please call us at 208-461-7776.

C
Apr 15, 2008
Unsatisfied Mirage Owners

Hey guys, we would like to help you with the problems you are having with your Mirage product. The problem is, we don't know about these isssues unless you call and let us know. Again, call (208) 461-7776, and give us a chance to make you a satisfied Mirage owner. Take it easy, all.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
i had mine for 1.5 years. I lost the rear door hinges, but it was covered under warranty and replaced in 2 days, didn't even miss any riding.

I would say if your one of those who will wash the trailer weekly or bi weekly and take care of it you will love it. Yea some of the screws were overtightened or put in at wrong angles, didnt bother me or the performance of the trailer one bit. But if you just neglect the trailer, like anything else in life you neglect it will fall apart on you.

The floor was awesome, the front door is sweet, and i have pulled rocky mountain featherlight trailers that didn't track or pull as nice as the mirage.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another trailer from mirage.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Why should I have to do trailer "maintenance" every week or two? Screw that. I bought my trailer so that I don't have to wash anything, including my trailer. I have a 2000 Cargo Mate that I bought new, it has been a great trailer with no issues at all. BTW, I think it has been washed twice in 7 years and it still looks great.

D
Dec 13, 2007
Kalispell, MT
We have a two year old mirage cargo trailer where I work that is completely corroded out where the aluminum siding meets the steel frame. This trailer was bought new and used in Montana. Hard to believe for this new of trailer.

I own an Interstate snow trailer and have been extremely happy with it. It's the third interstate I've owned.

W
Feb 1, 2008
Pasco,Wa
Wow

The only difference between a mirage and and Interstate is the sticker on the Trailer the floor and the fact that they are made accross town from each other. FYI the builder of Mirage is the old builder of intersate just new name and new location had to wait till his no comp. agreement ran out and all together from what I have seen the Mirage is a nicer trailer than most we own 2 of them getting ready to purchase the third just sold our last interstate

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I have a 20" Mirage enclosed car hauler 2005 model, I use it everyday for my Painting business and hauling my toys to the track, mountains etc. I've had zero problems with mine, I also own a 6x12 Interstate west trailer that has had zero problems.

Maybe the Snow trailers are built to light?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Why should I have to do trailer "maintenance" every week or two? Screw that. I bought my trailer so that I don't have to wash anything, including my trailer. I have a 2000 Cargo Mate that I bought new, it has been a great trailer with no issues at all. BTW, I think it has been washed twice in 7 years and it still looks great.

I find it really hard to believe that a trailer that has only been washed 2 times in 7 years looks great... :eek:

If you had to drive around on salted roads, you would be washing your vehicles and trailers at least once a week... If not they would be big rusty, eroding P.O.S's.

Premium Features