• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Foot well vents -- Mike Taylor??

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows, is Mike Taylor still doing the foot well vents? I need a set for a new Axys and I sent him a message quite a while back, but no response??

Any other suggestions, if he is no longer doing them?

Thanks!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Is there a need for footwell vents on the axys?

I had modrod footwell vents on my pro that worked well. I see they dont have anything listed for the axys at this point though.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I PM'd him last season...never got a response one way or the other. I had a set on my '15 and the worked great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I PM'd him last season...never got a response one way or the other. I had a set on my '15 and the worked great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had his vents on my last two Pro's and they worked great! The new Axys is on the way, and I just figured I would order another set but no repsonse???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I had them on my Pro's, I have not found any need for them on the Axys. Polaris pretty much fixed the snow intrusion problem with the new chassis.

Thanks!

I guess I didn't look at that area very close and just figured I would do the same as past sleds. I guess I'll be waiting now.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
There is still snow intrusion on the Axys... and the foot loops well needs to be still addressed.
I ran the conversion foot well plates from Mtn Tek on my 15 pro- with great results but haven't got any information from them on my Axys.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
There is still snow intrusion on the Axys... and the foot loops well needs to be still addressed.
I ran the conversion foot well plates from Mtn Tek on my 15 pro- with great results but haven't got any information from them on my Axys.

Yep the stock footwells let in snow like crazy.
Decending steep hills on the side (creek bottoms).

I just cut .063 hdpe to fit and riveted it on.

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
I put black duct tape over the foot wells then added vents by the knee. Now my footwells dont ice up and I'm still letting heat out.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I modded up a set of Mike's I had left over from my Pros' to fit my Axys last year, going to make another set for my 17 when it arrives.

Premium Features