• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha launches new E-Commerce website

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop/accessories/Snowmobile?ls=Snowmobile&dealernumber=&fitment=2015%7C30

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, not really sure what to make of this yet
Can't imagine their dealers are very excited about direct retailing?

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Ya, not really sure what to make of this yet
Can't imagine their dealers are very excited about direct retailing?

Ski-doo has been doing it for couple years now. Kinda funny, they won't let online dealers sell for anything less than retail but yet they are directly competing with them!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ski-doo has been doing it for couple years now. Kinda funny, they won't let online dealers sell for anything less than retail but yet they are directly competing with them!
Wonder if they have a compensation program built in to credit the local dealer that lost the sale?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Enjoying the irony of you being concerned about local dealers after you bought out of state. :face-icon-small-sho
Michelle DESERVES our support.
She may well be one of the best retail dealers in the USA.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I always try support my local stores in anything I buy. I like to really put my hands on something before I buy it. So I am not really interested in this.

Nothing drives me crazy worse than the people that find it ok to go into a retail establishment to look at something then order it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Stingray, you need to cool your jets. The inflammatory posts are getting old and no one appreciates it.

I think it needed to be said. I support my local dealer so they will be there when I need them. Will you trailer back for warranty work or stick your local dealer with it? Dealers get a fraction of what the labor charge should really be, so no dealers are excited about doing warranty work.

Back when I worked at a Yamaha shop in Idaho if other dealers actively sold to your area they lost there dealership. That was a long time ago and obviously it has changed.

OTS may be the greatest in the world for all I know but it still doesn't make me want to buy out of state and stiff my local dealer. Not as long as the local dealer is close on price.

Just to be very clear I AM NOT BASHING OTS!

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I'm all about supporting local businesses as well, I just don't have a yamaha dealer that will touch sleds within 2 hours of me. Plus if you followed the threads, OTS got a raw deal from arctic cat. After knowing how they treat their dealers I'll never buy another arctic cat product.

As for the inflammatory comments, it has been going on for awhile in other threads as well. Snow is falling, we don't need to start e fights with each other.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I think it needed to be said. I support my local dealer so they will be there when I need them. Will you trailer back for warranty work or stick your local dealer with it? Dealers get a fraction of what the labor charge should really be, so no dealers are excited about doing warranty work.

Back when I worked at a Yamaha shop in Idaho if other dealers actively sold to your area they lost there dealership. That was a long time ago and obviously it has changed.

OTS may be the greatest in the world for all I know but it still doesn't make me want to buy out of state and stiff my local dealer. Not as long as the local dealer is close on price.

Just to be very clear I AM NOT BASHING OTS!

I chose to buy out of state, simply because my local dealer isn't qualified to change engine oil! No way in HELL would I let them install my turbo kit! They ordered a total of 4 sleds! I know of individuals that buy more than that every year!

The local DOO dealer and staff are arrogant SOB's. I refuse to do business with them, especially when the don't wanna stock anything and just order it for you! I tell em no thanks, I can do that myself! Sometimes I even have to find parts on the fiche for em. And people wonder why others only do online sales!

The next closest DOO dealer is another 45 min drive, but well worth it, super helpful and usually has even oddball stuff in stock. They usually get all my business and even give a small discount to help offset fuel costs. They know I have a closer dealer, and I cant say enough good about em!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

I am guessing this little jab was aimed at me and not at MotoJunkie101.

In my case, I will do NEITHER.
I will not trailer the sled back to Bend Oregon to Michelle's business, Oregon Trail Sports, NOR will I take the sled to my local dealer where I bought my last 3 retail sleds Rexburg Motor Sports

You see, in my case, there is absolutely NO IRONY whatsoever in traveling out of state to pick up a special sled that was delivered to OTS for me from Yamaha Motor Sports. It was not a stock retail sled that you could walk into a dealership and buy. And because it was a professional "industry" sled, made just for me, it comes with no warranty at all. Kinda like buying a full race sled, sold "As-Is" the moment I started the engine. But of course there was no way for you to know any of this, and so your attemp at pointing out Irony that doesn't exist, failed miserably.

Meantime, back at the ranch..

While I support my local dealer with quite a bit of my business, at the end of the day I am a retail customer who shops HARD for every item he buys, and when buying a COMMODITY I am perfectly happy shopping NATIONWIDE looking for the best overall deal I can find.

So far as I know, no dealership out there is more aggressive on sleds than Oregon Trail Sports. Michelle at OTS WANTS your business and is willing to work hard to earn it. I wish every one of the dealers in North America was willing to work as hard as she does to earn their customer's loyalty.

photo.jpg

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
So what is the difference between your new viper and the one I got?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Tar

4strokesmoke

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2011
iowa
Wonder if they have a compensation program built in to credit the local dealer that lost the sale?

Just ordered some stuff from ski doo the other night through their website. From what I read they will see if there is a dealer in your region that has what your ordering and ship from there otherwise it will come directly from ski doo. Placed the order Wednesday night, it shipped yesterday from a dealer and recieved it today! Without doing next day or 2nd day delivery. I was told 3-5 day shipping.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I'm driving to Enterprise, OR tomorrow to pick up my viper. 7 hours one way. It will be a long day. I don't buy local and would buy from RMS. You made a good choice Chris. My dad bought two new rmk's. RMS said that would give him a deal because we was buying two. He went in and they wouldn't give him any deals, so he went to Ashton to buy them. They treated very well and gave him a deal. Good service buy customers.

Premium Features