• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro skid in their older chassis- any luck?

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Has anyone put a newer Nytro skid in their older chassis? will it work? how many problems? i have a 99MM 151", already updated to 01 specs, kinda thinking would be a nice upgrade?

Y

yamaha3

Sep 30, 2009
Spearfish, SD
I was thinking about doing this, but i already have the polaris extra lite skid in mine. I think that if i ever put another one in it i will go with the float skid off a cat.

Sorry i dont have any information but you should keep us posted if you do this.

Do you already have the skid?

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
skid

i have been looking at some, seem to be some great deals. i see alot of guys installing the cat skids on the older sleds. are the new nytro skids not that good or are the aftermarket ones just that much better?

Y

yamaha3

Sep 30, 2009
Spearfish, SD
the biggest thing with the nytro skid is that they trench really bad i guess. I know as guy with a nytro and he was having a problem with it. It would trench and not allow you to stay on top of the snow. personally i would go with a cat skid. I have a polaris skid and it works pretty well plus its about 25 to 30 pounds lighter.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
thanks, i have thought about some of the cat and polaris skids even been thinking about a timbersled. kinda want one to bolt in without alot of math..

Y

yamaha3

Sep 30, 2009
Spearfish, SD
I guess it just comes down to making your brackets and keeping it even on both sides so your straight After i try the turbo thing on my sled that will probably be the next thing i do to mine is the cat skid. yours looks really good. good job

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have done 2. First was on a 98 SRX 600. After a litlle tinkering, its a great upgrade from the stock No-Action. The second was on a 99 MM 700. Both skid came from RTX Nytro's. I added extension for the MM to a 144" and works great. Better transfer and soaks up the bumbps easier.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
diet

i was hoping for more of a weight savings, too. i think one of you said just 10 lbs. , but i would get a smoother ride.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Cat skid saved about thirty pounds on mine. I was able to use a hole that was already on the back of the stock drop bracket and then just move the front hole. Rides way better also.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I think it was about 1.5 inches back. The sled is at work but I will check and let you know. My stock drop bracket had a hole in it that was on the back of the bracket already. I put it in there and it also fixed the problem of the Cat skid being too wide at the rear upper mount because the bracket steps out right there.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I think it was about 1.5 inches back. The sled is at work but I will check and let you know. My stock drop bracket had a hole in it that was on the back of the bracket already. I put it in there and it also fixed the problem of the Cat skid being too wide at the rear upper mount because the bracket steps out right there.

Thanks man! Also Pictures would be a BIG help.... LOL :camera:

Premium Features