• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
change it out

The old axle will break. You stated you were going to lengthen your track, more stress on axle. Buy the upgraded axle and get some extroverts, or stay STOCK. We all learned are lessons on this, it cost us lots of $$ to fix when we tried running the old axle on long tracks. I would not run the sled at all no matter what track until i updated the axle, it just sucks when it takes everything out.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to get one. And I got the risers installed tonight. That oil cable was a huge pain in the *** but me and my dad got everything back together but now the throttle pulls a lot harder than it used to. Any idea what's causing this? And we know it isn't the cabels.
Thanks
Spencer

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I talked to my dealer today and he said he doesn't think I need a stronger one.

Don't listen to him. He wants to sell you a chaincase and related parts when they fail and they will. Don't save a couple bucks and end up spending a bunch more later. There are a bunch of us on here that have learned from mistakes.LOL

done for this year!!

I got her done except for the boards and the seat ive got 5in bar risers, slp pipes, 151 in track and a left throttle. i love it. here she is.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap
GetAttachment.aspx

shortman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
newport nebraska
steering column

If it is the stock steering column ubetter be for changen it out or beefn it up where the bars bolt on or it will break off. Drive a shaft down the inside of the column and weld some gussets from the side of the column to the handle bar mounting plate. Ive seen them break off right at the top of the column.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Hey guys im goung to build a 97 mm into a much better hill climber/boondocker.

So far the plan is slp pipes, 151 track, 5in bar risers, aftermarket running boards, light weight highrise seat, goldfinger throtle and maybe aftermarket skis.

As of right now i have ordered the risers,purchased a seat,ordered the running boards, and purchased the left hand throtle and have viper skis.

Thin Air powersports is going to make some calls and get me a track kit and pipes orderd on monday.

If you have any sugestions i would love to hear them.

Spencer

Sounds like a cool build, my only suggestion is don't buy a left hand throttle!! They limit your ability, you can't use it to side hill or carve!! I just don't see the point of them man!!!

Good luck with your Build!!!

Ryan

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Got the risers and cabels today. wondering how you guys do all the wiring to the bars. Just lookin at it real quick and it looks to me like the wires will be exposed when the risers are installed with the stock bar covers on.
Help? haha.
thanks
Spencer

About how much did it cost you for all the cables and your riser? im looking into doing this to my MM but i dont want to pay 250$ to do it?? and did you have to ditch the hand warmers?

Premium Features