• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo XP Video 12/17/09

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Ok, sorry for the delay in getting this posted; had trouble converting this to digital but with the help of an IT guru here it is!! As I said before the snow was good but at times the visibility was not. Enjoy!!!;)

The sleds present were:
08 XP Turbo/163"
08 Nytro Turbo/174"
09 Dragon 700/163"
08 M8/162"
09 M8/154"

We had a blast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR3NAU_QW68

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I hope this sled goes to Cooke on the 9th!! Do you know if the owner will go up there Jim.?

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Cooke

DC,
He does not know his work schedule yet but he said if he was not off that I can throw it in the trailer with the rest of them!!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wow looked awesome! :cool:

Maybe I should have kept my XP:eek: LOL

guy on the Nytro looked like he was all over the place.. Was it that rough? couldn't see the snow the best

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Wow looked awesome! :cool:

Maybe I should have kept my XP:eek: LOL

guy on the Nytro looked like he was all over the place.. Was it that rough? couldn't see the snow the best

The snow was good and deep. There were a lot of wind blown drifts and where the nytro got stuck that was about a 6 foot drift he was coming straight over and the trench that the XP left before him was not the easiest thing to avoid.
As for where the rider fell off his sled (Bart) and runs after it.. That was hilarious!!
Bart is one of the best ridders I have ever ridden with and that was just a classic Rookie move!

1wpdn1

Dec 7, 2007
Bite your tongue

DC you better tread lightly or Bart's ego may not let you borrow any more race gas or free rooms in Encampment!

Great post Jim and good narative DC. I like it when you can see a variety of sleds try a hill to get a sense of how tuff the conditions really are.

I hope to have the PG M-8 turbo to test with you next time out.....After seeing this Video I am trying to get enough cash to let Jim put a Turbo Performance kit on one of those 09 X's we are getting next week. I would love to see how they handle 12-13lbs with some suspension mods....Let the smack talking begin!!!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
DC you better tread lightly or Bart's ego may not let you borrow any more race gas or free rooms in Encampment!

Great post Jim and good narative DC. I like it when you can see a variety of sleds try a hill to get a sense of how tuff the conditions really are.

I hope to have the PG M-8 turbo to test with you next time out.....After seeing this Video I am trying to get enough cash to let Jim put a Turbo Performance kit on one of those 09 X's we are getting next week. I would love to see how they handle 12-13lbs with some suspension mods....Let the smack talking begin!!!

Bart has to be nice to me I am still the only one that goes up to help him when he is stuck on top of Grande ... I know it's not going to be you and that T M8!!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
wow that xp was simply impressive to say the least, sounded like it was running great every step of the way, gotta love the the sound of a boosted two stroke

i gotta say if the if the yammy driver was as stated a great rider, then we can see how the extra 120lbs of more sled can make it look not so(not to be taken the wrong way)

so did they do any side by side pulls to see the differece, how much hp were they running, and guessing that is turbo performances xp package??

i have a buddy with a turbo nitro and he was convinced till last night that his nitro was well under 600lbs, scale told different, he came in at 640lbs with a 162 track and light weight everything:D.... my xp came in at 529, same scale and we threw in a few lbs just for fun, bet with a turbo it would of been about 15 more, same track...

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Very Nice. I think everyone has been waiting for some video's to start showing up.

The Xp looks very strong. nice job guys. Certain pulls the Xp looked like it had more ground speed. Others the Nytro. Nytro looked like it had a front mount turbo of some kind.

The fact that the Xp is even in the same speed range as the Nytro is impressive alone. Anyone who has ridden a turbo'd nytro or apex that is set up knows what kind of power gets put down. To even be close, :D:D

Good Job Moore Perfromance and Turbo Performance.

P
Dec 4, 2007
I heard that too, so i looked up turbo performance on the web and came up with a company in Cal. So i called them and the guy didn't even know what a ski-doo xp was.

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Turbo Performance

Yes, this is a Turbo Performance kit. Call them they have a great kit.

Their web site is:

www.turboboyz.com

By the way everyone, this video is not to slam any brand or riders. The gentleman on the Nytro is a great rider and believe me that is one of the baddest Nytros around. He was only running 15lbs. of boost and can certainly turn up the boost to levels all of us only dream about. We simply left it 15lbs to get a good comparasion. The Turbo Performance kit on this XP is a great running kit but the bottom line is you cannot compare a boosted 10lb. XP to a 20+lb. boosted Nytro they are not even in the same game!!!

Last edited:
D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
On the Nytro. His kit is a boondocker 2871. He just installed the M 10 skid with the air shocks and had not had a chance to dial the skid in yet. The front end was VERY heavy.
Hopefully we will get more filming in this coming weekend. We are supposedly to get at least another foot of snow by Saturday.
Then I want to compare my Nytro Impulse race kit 2871. 174 track, a 2008 M8 with a boondocker PG. kit 162. A Nytro 162 boondocker 2860 162 stock skid. and even a 2010 M 1000 Cat. stock.

Like I have been saying before I am a Yamaha guy, and I was very impressed with this Doo! The sled went 37 miles on it's first day and I was racing this sled on my stock M 8 up and down the trail for a good 10 -12 miles at full throttle, Jimmy did not give this sled any slack. It it was going to blow up it would have then.
Also after 37 miles the gas gauge said half tank left!!

Again nice job Turbo Performance and Jimmy at Moore Performance.

Cant wait to see it again in action.
dc

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
just a reminder that from what we have seen so far, a stock sled with a 174 will perform as well as a modded BB sled on a 162... now think how a xpturbo on a 174 would perform!!

i just hope the 800 crank, and other drivline parts can handle the increase in hp over the comming year, because at over 100 lbs lighter it will become popular over night to the smaller riders and half the price tag

Premium Features