• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension setup under boost?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I know most of the talk on here is of the t-xp's and the new xr's BUT, looking for some thoughts on dealing with the power on my yamadoo.. currently it likes to wheelie randomly and do crazy stuff. WHen climbing a nice even slope it hangs the skis maybe a foot in the air and rides nicely, but if you pull back on the bars or hit a small bump and dont let off it literally just wheelies straight over, i landed in my own rut upside down 2 times trying to get up a pretty steep hill with some little ripples in it.

Currently have the rear torsion springs clicked to the 3rd notch, that helped a tiny bit from the second hump.. 4th might help a tad more. would just sucking my limiters in help the issue? dont want to make it more ski heavy as the yami motor already takes care of that!:D

heres a quick vid of me trying to climb this hill, its a wind blow slab right near the top which is when i hook up and wheelie like a SOB, then straight up and down = stuck. the snow down low on the hill is DEEP! my dad and buddy had to track poach the crap out of it on an m7 and dragon 800 to get out. just so you dont think im totally retarted and just get stuck doing nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5auJ27RdInU&feature=channel

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
try moving the rear sissor mount back on the rails, back even 3/4 to 1 inch makes quite a differance, least it does on the XP's no reason why it wouldn't work on the REV/RT skid.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i guess, its easy enough to drill another 2 holes and pop the skid back a tiny bit and try it.. makes sense to me at least!! seems like it would just limit the leverage the rails have on the rear portion of the skid allowing more force into the suspension, instead of over backwards!

as far as that nytro.. its far from stock. supercharged at 14# timbersled rear skid with a 174x2.5... its a ripper!! he didnt really get stuck, he stopped so he didnt hit the filmer's (my dad) sled as he sorta got roosted really bad by me on the way up.

Premium Features