• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Planning a trip to Tollgate

S

snow225

Dec 7, 2007
I am planning a trip to Tollgate at the end of January. I was looking for advice on the trip since I have never been there. It's located right between my dad in Washington and me in Boise so it's a good meeting place for us. I was wondering about non ethanol fuel availability or if we need to bring our own gas for the weekend. I think we found a place to stay but suggestions would be good. Also where is some good riding areas. We like tight technical tree riding and don't really care about big hills. Any help would be great thanks.

M
Oct 29, 2008
Sherwood Oregon
I rode Tollgate last year late in the season. We assumed the store still sold gas, but that is not the case, unless something has changed you will need to bring some. Nice trail system and shelters. The weather was brutal while we were there so did not allow a lot of adventure. There seemed to be a lot of off trail stuff available.

R
Sep 28, 2009
Tollgate

Just to give you a heads up. There is a store to get some food but no gas. So come prepared. Elgin is 20 mniutes East of Tollgate and Weston is 20 minutes West and they both have gas, groceries, etc. Tollgate has miles of groomed trails, beautiful views, meadows, and plenty of hills. Warming sheds at both ends of the mountain and well marked maps. Enjoy

S

snow225

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks for the advice for the trip. We are getting excited, with all this snow I feel like its finally riding time!

R
Sep 28, 2009
permits and tags

the machine needs a "tag" on your machine. Iv'e driven my washington buggy there all the time. You must have an Oregon snow park permit on your rig. Ranch and home in M-Freewater sells them

Premium Features