• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor Sat 17th and Sun 18th

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Rained down here all day so we are heading north for the weekend. Looking for someone who knows the area to keep us from getting lost;) would like to hit the trees early and stay away from trails and the masses as much as possible for both days. Looks like there is plenty of snow should be a great weekend. Will be 2 or 3 of us, good riders on good sleds.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
Sandman, get lost? From town just follow the masses up the Hwy, hope for a parking spot and once there follow the 'closed' signs all around our ever shrinking area :face-icon-small-con

However, we do have plenty of snow albeit it got a little warm thursday but there is plenty out there now.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Lots of new snow this week...

It should be good riding around the Bachelor area this weekend with LOTS of new snow over the last week. The temps are supposed to warm up into the twenties both days with a small chance of new snow according to the NOAA site. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.60634451508821&lat=43.92181816514693#.WFQPaIWcG3A

The Central Oregon Snowbusters website is now indicating "There is no longer a Grooming Schedule Post. We will be Posting Regular Updates on the trails that have been recently groomed". Despite their Mission Statement, I was unable to find any information on there site to confirm what trails if any have been groomed yet... http://www.centraloregonsnowbusters.com/index.html I did notice the Snowbusters are having their annual Christmas Party at the Wanoga warming hut on Sunday, 12/18 so I'm sure it will be busy up there. I'm sure it will also be busy up at the Kapka lot, but there is lots of good stuff to explore.

I have other commitments both days but I'm sure you won't have any problems finding someone to ride with.... It's going to be deep everywhere so have fun and be safe!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Yes the masses are massive up there, that's why I'd like to get out early and try to avoid as many of them as possible! Still looking for a "guide" mostly for Saturday, just don't know of any other place up that way to ride but there. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Have only ridden the back side of Bach and of course the Dutchman/Moon area. Rode out of 3 Creeks once, that was a total waste of time.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The guys I was going with wussed out so we rode down here. Bach is showing 6 feet at the lodge. We are supposed to ride tomorrow but haven't got a text back. 2 weeks off and things aren't off to a good start. My daughter lives in Bend and we are going over for sure Tue-Thursday and are riding Wed and Thurs. Gonna try and get a ride in around Diamond Fri and or Sat if I can find partners and things fall through tomorrow. A couple of pics from Sat.

DSCN6677.jpg DSCN6674.jpg DSCN6685.jpg bottomless pit.jpg

Last edited:

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Edison

My wife and I rode out of Edison Sno Park on Sunday,12/18 and were the only sled trailer in the lot. The trails out of Edison had not been groomed when we unloaded but there were tracks heading out in various directions... We ventured West out of Edison on Trail 3 and only made it a couple miles before finding by a large tree blocking the single track in an area that resembled your photos of the "bottomless pit". We decided to turn around before getting both sleds stuck.

After heading back to Edison, we rode on the single track West around Trail 2 to Cascade Lakes Hwy and then North to Elk Lake Lodge for a tasty bowl of their chili and a beverage. We only encountered two other sleds in passing on the 14 miles of Trail 2. The snow level is building up pretty good along 2 with miles of fresh tracks available. There was still LOTS of good opportunity to find the bottomless pits if you weren't careful.

According to the NOAA site for Wanoga Butte, it's supposed to start snowing on Friday, 12/23 which will help with the hordes of people who are already in town for the Holiday weekend. We hope to get a couple days in over the Holiday but have not yet decided which way to go...

Premium Features