• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Missing Person (Tillamook Forrest Area)

D
Dec 15, 2016
A friend of mine, Michael Babcock, is missing and has been for about 2 weeks. His last cell phone location was on NW Lyda Rd. In the Tillamook Forrest. I'm posting to find out if anybody snowmobiles up in that area and if so, have they seen him or his 2003 Envoy. Additional details below. Any help or suggestions on additional groups to contact or steps to take would be very much appreciated. Thanks. -Dylan

15318006_10202514074529805_88598638912050969_n.jpg

15327289_10202514074489804_4791836358237337620_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/mikbabcock

I need help from all our friends. Michael Babcock is missing! I have called the police and made a report, called family and friends, I also drove to many of the places he would normally go. He was last seen at our home in Beaverton, OR. He took our dark green 2003 Envoy XL. We do have a Jack-n-the-Box head on the antenna.
If anyone sees Michael please call the Non Emergency Washington County Sheriff office 503-629-0111 ask for Detective Andy Hays.
Please if anyone has see him or talked to him, please tell him to come home or at least call to let us know he's ok!
He has been missing for 2 weeks, I had hoped he would just come home or I'd find him. Please help us

J
Sep 9, 2016
I would think that you would want to contact more of the ATV side-by-side dirt bikes kind of forums. The Tillamook Forest gets snow but not the kind for snowmobiling I don't think most of the time. We go up to the Tillamook forest with their dirt bikes and such. Maybe you could try some of the ATV dealerships because they sell to the people that go the Browns camp and places like that up in the Tillamook Forest maybe even an ad in the Craigslist section for ATVs?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Part of the mission for each county sheriff's office is search and rescue. Have you been in contact with the local county authorities?

They would be the best place to start, then they can assemble and dispatch resources from there.

D
Dec 15, 2016
Yes, his wife has been in contact with the authorities and there is a detective assigned. My understanding is that they said they won't get search and rescue involved until a vehicle is found. I have found a FB group for the Browns Camp area and will hit them up.

Thanks,
Dylan

Premium Features