• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

check engine light constant flash m7

S
Nov 26, 2007
ok rebuilt buddies m7 carb that he decided to meltdown, got her back together and everything is good except light is constantly flashing code states water temp to high but can't be at start up anyways changed out the sensor on the bottom of the case and still there. Do you need to flash the ccu kinda like a car to erase codes on these or am I missing something else. Thanks

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
the only time i have see this is in an over heat condition, check the waterpump for flow and no air in the system.

S
Nov 26, 2007
installed new one is there anyway to clear it and fire it up again? or does the computer not store codes runs fine coolers are all warm.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
check the connector for bent pins on the temp sensor. and a long shot pull the valves and make sure thay are clean.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Had same issue after my last rebuild. Ended up being kinked servo cables from rerouting. I also went and took all my connections apart and put dielectric grease in them and my issues all went away.

Premium Features