• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

200 votes needed for an 850 sub-forum. We need it!

Do we need an 850 sub-forum created?

• We need a separate 850 sub-forum

Votes: 223 72.2%
  • We do not need a separate 850 sub-forum

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Christopher said this could happen if we get 200 votes for it in another thread. I think it would help the 800 and the 850 guys equally. If you want a separate 850 forum just vote. No post needed.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Be careful what you wish for.....IF this happens and IF you are an Axys 800 owner, just be aware that you will lose the knowledge of nearly all past 800HO posters who have moved on to 850's. The chances of them finding and commenting on your thread will go down A LOT.

Look in the Pro Ride section....I'll bet nearly all Axys owner's owned Pro's at some point, but very little action in there as no one looks unless it's right in front of them

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Agreed

Be careful what you wish for.....IF this happens and IF you are an Axys 800 owner, just be aware that you will lose the knowledge of nearly all past 800HO posters who have moved on to 850's. The chances of them finding and commenting on your thread will go down A LOT.

Look in the Pro Ride section....I'll bet nearly all Axys owner's owned Pro's at some point, but very little action in there as no one looks unless it's right in front of them

I agree.
It's happened in all the forums!

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Ahhhhh, the 800 guys ain't sissy's! We're sick of seeing all the 850 posts flooding our grounds. Lol! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap. We'll be ok over here. Don't worry!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Agree...and way too many things remain the same with both sleds. I think Jay is saying no thanks? I am saying no thanks. Wait for the chassis to change.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

Agree...and way too many things remain the same with both sleds. I think Jay is saying no thanks? I am saying no thanks. Wait for the chassis to change.

I agree, therefore, a not needed vote from me......

Last edited:

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Ahhhhh, the 800 guys ain't sissy's! We're sick of seeing all the 850 posts flooding our grounds. Lol! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap. We'll be ok over here. Don't worry!

I see both sides as ive brought this up also. Im sick of every post being yet another my 850 is blown up thread.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

I agree with you 90% of the time, but I don't here. Considering the 850 issues and differences with the 800, it would be nice to read through a 4M sub forum and know that it all relates to the 850. There's just too many differences besides the cc's.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
the LAST thing this site needs is more sub-forums!!!

They actually need to clean house and do away with about 1/2 of the sub-forums that never get used. Some of them havent had a post in years.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
A friend of mine at work has a friend with a new 850 which blew up on his first ride this weekend.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

They actually need to clean house and do away with about 1/2 of the sub-forums that never get used. Some of them havent had a post in years.

I am not in agreement. Some of the info on here can be used forever with the search feature.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

Agree.
Perhaps keep viewable through search function, but if no replies within calendar year...archive it.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I see both sides as ive brought this up also. Im sick of every post being yet another my 850 is blown up thread.

I dont think we need a separate thread being the only difference between the 19' 800 and the 19 '850 is the motor and voted as such. But I completely agree with you on being fed up with the 850 blown thread. It was entertaining for a while but has just about wrecked the axys thread for me. (Because I am still loosely following it) Most comments on that thread aren't about 850's being blown up. Half have been a pissing match and name calling between Dan and the most recent "pissant" who had the nerve to disagree or state a different opinion, followed up by Dan's fan boys who need to jump all over it. Which in my mind, only takes away from the useful info Dan has shared in between his drama or drink fueled rants. Then you have the brand haters adding their 2 cents, most of which is zero helpful or relevant information. Sorry for the rant

Edit- I should have posted this in the 850 blown thread instead, as I had nothing useful to add, it would have fit right in

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Funny how the votes are almost 2 to 1 in favor, but most of the actual posts are the guys that disagree and don't want it. Guess they feel like they have to defend their no and try and persuade all us yes'ers! Keep on voting...........

What 's wrong with an 850 engine sub-forum?

It would clean up all the posts of,

bog,
what plugs,
engine down,
what oil,
whats break-in,
what belt are you using,
what can,
what pipe.
what clutch kit,
etc
etc
etc

It would be less cluttered and the uninformed could search in that sub forums. Not sure what all the fuss is about, the only thing I can see is there being 2 850 sub forums for 2019 axys - 2020 new chassis, with the 2020 having the updates for the 2019.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
What 's wrong with an 850 engine sub-forum?

It would clean up all the posts of,

bog,
what plugs,
engine down,
what oil,
whats break-in,
what belt are you using,
what can,
what pipe.
what clutch kit,
etc
etc
etc

The real house cleaning should be a sticky at the top of every forum section with those titles. Just to keep them from showing up all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features