• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 rmk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Suggestions for diff ski’s.. mine seem to push a lot and when I jumped on my buddys new skidoo it turned so much easier. Sooo anyone got ideas?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Sooo anyone got ideas?

Yep, adjust your suspension. Doesnt matter what skis you have if they dont have the correct weight on them.

If your sled is pushing, or doesnt want to turn you need to either stiffen your front suspension spring pre-load, or soften the pre-load on the front track shock.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Suggestions for diff ski’s.. mine seem to push a lot and when I jumped on my buddys new skidoo it turned so much easier. Sooo anyone got ideas?

You can't compare the steering of a XM or G4 to any other sled. They just steer far better. Yeah, you can tinker with shocks and setup but the Doos just steer far better...don't push or plow out all. Of course, you should be riding on one ski 90 percent of the time anyway and unless you have arms like a 12 year old girl the Poo and Cat do just fine.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
After riding for 3-4 hours straight multiple days in a row I definitely have arms like a 12 year old girl.

And skidoos still steer like shlt.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I hate the grippers for this reason. I run SLP's Powder Pro skis. They can be a bit of a hand full as they track a lot on the trails, but when I turn, the sled turns, minimal pushing.

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
Are you guys talking about them pushing on the trails or when boondocking or backcountry riding?
How do the slp powder pros work on an axys for off trail riding? Wonder if anyone has tried the skidoo DS3 skis on an axys?
Thanks!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Are you guys talking about them pushing on the trails or when boondocking or backcountry riding?
How do the slp powder pros work on an axys for off trail riding? Wonder if anyone has tried the skidoo DS3 skis on an axys?
Thanks!

Yes, on the trails for the grippers pushing. I love my Powder Pros off trail, since this is what they were designed for, and you get rid of the crappy Poo spindle-to-ski rubber situation.

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
Thanks, but now I have to ask - how do the powder pros solve the rubber to spindle issue? Do you use your Polaris rubbers in the powder pros?
I've been curious about these skis for awhile now but there aren't many reviews for them on an axys. I appreciate the feedback.

Premium Features