• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Assault 800 2nd EGT Burned Out BMP Stage 1

A
Jan 18, 2019
at 256 mile i installed a BMP Stage 1 kit. This requires a ECU remap. about 5 miles out i'm thinking to myself "This is worse than it was stock". I then realize i have a check engine light. I checked the code and have an EGT code. I pulled it out and ohm tested it. nothing it's open. I grabbed one out of a '19 and installed. Sled now rips and would come over backwards. after a few miles it wants to lay down again. look down and have another check engine light. Pulled the sensor and now this one is open/infinitive amount of ohms/bad. I called Joey at BMP and he's at a loss. He is sending me a sensor, but I cannot have this to continue. Anyone experience this or have ideas. All grounds are in place and pipe is sprung in well.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Did you ever find out what was causing the egt sensor to burn out? I'm currently helping a riding buddy with the same problem on an 18 800 sks with the bikeman set up it has roughly 300 miles on it. First sensor went out after the pipe was installed installed a new sensor and that one burnt out within 5 miles

Premium Features