• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Radiator additive

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Yes, several times over the years in different applications. Redline water wetter, or royal purple's Purple ice... both work the same.
The increased cooling was greater when not using antifreeze, but clearly you cant do that on a sled.
It also helps if you use distilled water. The minerals in tap water reduces the efficiency of heat transfer.

They claim 30* cooler with these products, I never had results like that, more like 10-15*

One more thing on this topic.... these products are designed to reduce the Surface Tension of the water. This can also be done with other simple products like Liquid fabricate softener :) Ive used that is some race cars over the years, one bonus is it smells good!

Last edited:

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I use it in my 1300, and did before in my 1000 big bore. My water temps did drop around 10-20 degrees with it. I started using it in my CRF450R also and noticed on a really hot day in the sand it helped some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Yes, several times over the years in different applications. Redline water wetter, or royal purple's Purple ice... both work the same.
The increased cooling was greater when not using antifreeze, but clearly you cant do that on a sled.
It also helps if you use distilled water. The minerals in tap water reduces the efficiency of heat transfer.

They claim 30* cooler with these products, I never had results like that, more like 10-15*

One more thing on this topic.... these products are designed to reduce the Surface Tension of the water. This can also be done with other simple products like Liquid fabricate softener :) Ive used that is some race cars over the years, one bonus is it smells good!

REally Downey?

I thought it might rust out the system?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
REally Downey?

I thought it might rust out the system?

Downey is exactly what I'm talking about, it works!

I used that in a race car with distilled water and a rust inhibitor additive.

Now days I just have a better designed cooling system and use 50/50 antifreeze and water.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve used Red Line water wetter in road race cars(anti freeze is banned, too slippery if it gets out of the cooling system onto the track) and it DIDNT MAKE ONE TINY DIFFERENCE IN TEMPERATUE. Tried it more than once and it never made a difference, if the cooling system wasn’t up to the job tha additive didn’t help at all.

Premium Features