• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shin guards

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Knee pads and boots!
Its been very hard for me to find knee pads that don’t fall down or pinch behind the knee..
Still looking
I’m a knee smasher on the Doo—->very rider forward..
Not so much on Poo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I don't know if you're aware of this, but most of the top bibs or snowmobile pants have pockets built in for knee pads. So I've never had a problem with them falling down or get out of position. I have had to upgrade the pads and have bought Caterpillar knee pads.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I've been through a lot of knee pads and knee braces over my sledding career, have even worn hockey shin pads for a season or two lol.

But these Leatt Pads have been great, comfortable and relatively cheap.
They have a knee cup and they do not fall down one bit !
6th season on them now, and I use them in the summer on the dirt bike as well.

dual-axis-knee-shin-guards-white-black-s-m.jpg

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I've been through a lot of knee pads and knee braces over my sledding career, have even worn hockey shin pads for a season or two lol.

I have these, they get me where they tuck into my boots..
I also have Klim bibs that have knee pads built in.. that have a little protection just not enough

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

I have some very similar to that, made by Fox. I think they are called the Titans. Bulky under certain types of snow pants...but they provide fantastic coverage and shin protection. I like them a lot when I wear my loose snowpants.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I just wear the Fly ones. Wont break the bank, keeps my knees and shins safe and I can easily replace If lost or broke.

46602661371_88ff57f4f8_z.jpg

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
The Dainese on the right kill my knee cap! They don’t flex very well
The Fox on the left work ok, but fall down a little and dig into my shins at the top of the boot
Using the Fox currently
57b7eec148e2f8104999c6b2b8e5be51.jpg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

I have the Leatt dual axis as well, this is my second season on them now, only knee pads I’ve ever used but I would highly recommend them. They don’t move around, are comfortable, and they protect from the top of your boot to about 6” above your knee. You dont even notice em once your riding but your knees and shins thank you at the end of the day.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Little more thAn shin guards, but this year I’m running the mobius X8 braces and klim havoc boots. The coverage and support of this combo is unreal and very comfortable. I won’t ride without braces. Several seasons before this I have been wearing the evs axis pro braces and stomper boots. The new combo is much much better. The expense is well worth it. I’ve had knee and ankle surgerys before and braces and good boots are much cheaper. ?

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
Last edited:
Premium Features