• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Relocating to Denver Help!

D
Oct 25, 2018
Hello All,

I am currently in the process of relocating to the Denver area from the east coast. I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here that is based out of Denver and can offer me some advice. Currently I have two snowmobiles (no trailer at the moment) that I'm eventually going to unload and grab mountain sleds. Does anyone know of a good place to store sleds? I'm looking for an apartment currently but not many places are going to offer me space for a snowmobile. Just wondering if someone has been in a similar situation and can shed some light on my situation.

Thanks!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Hello All,

I am currently in the process of relocating to the Denver area from the east coast. I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here that is based out of Denver and can offer me some advice. Currently I have two snowmobiles (no trailer at the moment) that I'm eventually going to unload and grab mountain sleds. Does anyone know of a good place to store sleds? I'm looking for an apartment currently but not many places are going to offer me space for a snowmobile. Just wondering if someone has been in a similar situation and can shed some light on my situation.

Thanks!

Their are storage units every where.

What part of the area are you moving to?

D
Oct 25, 2018
I haven't solidified my living situation yet. My office is going to be in centennial so I'm thinking Littleton or Lakewood areas. I'm open to sugestions!

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I haven't solidified my living situation yet. My office is going to be in centennial so I'm thinking Littleton or Lakewood areas. I'm open to sugestions!

Hopefully some one that knows that area will chime in.

If not just search for storage, there are lots of open area storage facility's in the Denver area

J
Sep 22, 2008
east of parker
Plenty of rv lots around c470 and santa fe, storerite, denver rv, also there's an rv vault in centennial. Or just get an enclosed unit at public storage or one of the other major storage lots, and keep your sleds inside and out of sight.

Also C470 is not a pleasant rush hour commute, you might want to look somewhere closer to centennial unless you work early in the morning and leave before 3.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Just a suggestion.... leave the trail sleds on the east coast with a friend and sell them out there. Going to be much easier to sell the sleds there. Very little demand for a trail sled in the mountains.

D
Oct 25, 2018
I figured it would be difficult to sell trail sleds out west. I actually found a dealer here on the east coast with a leftover M8. Im trading in 2 sleds and driving out to Colorado with my stuff and the M8.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Welcome to CO. Hope you have a small fortune stashed away as a condo or shoebox home runs about 500k in the Denver area.

CO is a great state but influx of California and Texan refugees has strained our infrastructure, especially the highways and roads. If you don't mind leaving the house at 4:00 to 4:30am to avoid the ski traffic on I-70, you'll love it here!

Seriously, its a great state that is growing a little fast but you'll find the people here very friendly.

Trail sleds won't sell for much here and you are better off finding a buyer along your route here. I would not trailer a powder sled from the East Cost either as there are really good deals on used sleds in CO and WY on craigslist and other websites.

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
I have kind of looked into this as far as being able to fly out to CO and use a buddys truck who lives there to get to the mountains, so its just an idea. It seems like alot of guys leave an older 4x4 pickup and an enclosed trailer at outside storage and fly into the Denver airport then taxi/uber to there rigs and drive out. Maybe you could get an enclosed trailer and do something similar to this? Alot cheaper to do the outdoor storage and the sleds will still be enclosed/out of the elements.

I have kind of looked into this as far as being able to fly out to CO and use a buddys truck who lives there to get to the mountains, so its just an idea. It seems like alot of guys leave an older 4x4 pickup and an enclosed trailer at outside storage and fly into the Denver airport then taxi/uber to there rigs and drive out. Maybe you could get an enclosed trailer and do something similar to this? Alot cheaper to do the outdoor storage and the sleds will still be enclosed/out of the elements.

This is what I have been doing for the last 8 years. I live in South Florida and keep trailer and truck near the airport. I like Extra Space Storage. Well organized, good employees and secure locations: www.extraspace.com

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm in the same boat. I will be relocating December 15th. Will be in the Springs for about a month, but work in Denver. Will be getting a place closer to Denver mid January. Don't want to live in the city though. Need to find a new sled, sold my summit last year.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'd look for a storage unit that is close to where you live. There is tons on the way out of town headed to the mountains, but you want it close in case you forgot something or need to work on the sled.

Premium Features