• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 Summit XP Clutch Upgrade

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
We build the TRA Drive to BRP specs and have an excellent quality record with them.

How can you say you have and excellent quality record with them when all the 07's had issues? anyone that thinks they didn't is an idiot. i'm sure you mean you passed all BRP's QA tests.
Do you make the entire clutch or just components? are they assembled by you or at BRP.
most of the issues have been the bushings, rollers, pins, pucks ect.
One of the dealers near here opened up a bag of the updated bushings and it took 4 to find one that would fit! not much consistency there!

this would clarify things.......

thanks,

Last edited:
S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Mark -

Please tell us how to make our BRP clutch pakage run cooler. I will be happy to buy parts from you if my clutch will work right. Is the real heat problem due to the QRS? The TRA? Both? I just don't want to spend $700 and still have burning hot clutches.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I called both Thursday and Friday and couldn't get a hold with anyone, just voice mail. Any way to get in touch with someone so I can get a kit?

S
Dec 13, 2007
Team clutches

Does team make a secondary that works with the RER system, what does the team primary have that makes it leaps and bounds better than OE???

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
2008 Summit owners,

We have developed a kit for you guys that will drop your belt temperature 30 degrees and allow you to shim the driven clutch for spot-on aligment. It is very tunable using TEAM components. Included in this kit are the following items:

Kit Part number 520158:
1 jackshaft with bearing
1 TEAM TSS-04 clutch
1 TEAM TSS-04 helix with reverse
1 TEAM secondary spring
1 TEAM primary spring
1 TEAM set of billet ramps
1 TEAM adjustable pin kit
1 TEAM top sprocket
1 TEAM 13 wide silent chain

This kit will be $675 and available January 7.

Email me if you are interested.

TEAM Industries

A glimmer of hope for the XP

B
Dec 21, 2006
If Team made the items to there specs and not Ski-Doo's do you think they would still have a BRP contract? If a customer asks you for a 15g roller but you hand them a 16g roller because you say it works better is your customer getting what they asked for/ordered? Look at what Team has made on there own with there own engineering. It flat out works.

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum. The best thing I like about the forum is that it raises awareness of different problems and solutions on fixing them. Maybe you could comment on what you think needs to be done to the XP primary and secondary that current owners can do. I would also like to hear from you what your theories are on clutching and mainly in the deep pow. My thinking is that the belt has to be riding about the same height above center on both the primary and secondary to give the best grip on the belt by both. How that is accomplished is another matter but gearing, springs, ramps and weight are going to play a big factor. Any comment on this? I think when the belt is to low in the primary it can slip more creating excessive heat which makes things go down hill from there.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Judging from the quality I have received in the past from the TEAM product I would be 100% confident to say the 2007 TRA issues were/are a design issue, not a manufacturing issue.

The manufacturer can only build to the specs that they are provided.

Premium Features