• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

290 apex with a 39 degree helix? how would it run?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guys, long story short my secondary bushings let go and it wore out the clutch, so I ordered a decent used one however it has a 39 degree helix, I had ordered a 47 degree helix again however It has not come in yet, Am I going to hate running the 39 degree helix or??? I have that purple spring of which I had clocked at like 0-2, basically what was recommended for the apex's.

Would It be worth riding like that for a day or 2 or just not bother? and if so, any idea where to clock the spring at? thanks!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
You will smash the rev limiter all day long. Try to rush the helix.
RS

Alright so is it that It'll rev out way faster than the clutch will catch up or is it just that I'll literally be on rev limiter all day lol. I just ask that whether easing into the throttle as to throttle mashing would work or not, But from your comment I get I should probably just be waiting... Thanks for the reply!

Z

ZeeRTee

Feb 3, 2008
Iowa
Throw some weight in the primary, put the stock spring in the rear and wind it to 80 degrees it will work.
rpm control front clutch, belt tension rear clutch.

Premium Features