• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 anti fog fan

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
My fan didnt seem to help. I would seriously pay someone $500 for a pair of googles that was guarantied to never fog. I have tried everything and I still fog. I currently have a 509 helmet and googles.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
could hook up a leaf blower to your helmet and goggles ,, wonder if that would dry your eyes out..

serious though ,, what about an external air pump and a tube up your arm to the goggles

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Check out the new SkiDoo goggles....heated lenses, both plug in and lithium-ion battery/rechargeable. Less than $500.
The Haber/509 fans help quite a bit with good goggles.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My fan didnt seem to help. I would seriously pay someone $500 for a pair of googles that was guarantied to never fog. I have tried everything and I still fog. I currently have a 509 helmet and googles.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICKY CLICKY....
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds...my_Boy&quote=guarantee.txt&file=guarantee.wav

Tommy: "Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmm. Very interesting."
Ted Nelson (Colin Fox): "Go on, I'm listening."
Tommy: "Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside."
Ted: "Yeah, it makes a man feel good."
Tommy: "Of course it does. Why shouldn't it? You figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the guarantee fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?"
Ted: "What's your point?"
Tommy: "The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? 'Building model airplanes', say's the little fairy. Well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times."
Ted: "But why do they put a guarantee on the box, then?"
Tommy: "'Cause they know all the sold you was a guaranteed piece of bleep. That's all it is isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, you might want to think about buying a quality product from me."
Ted: "Oxay, I'll buy from you."
Tommy: "Well that's..."
Tommy and Richard: "What?"

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I can wear a pair of goggles that fog up all day for another rider, without any issues.

It all comes down to dressing for the conditions. If your warm and toasty sitting on your sled.....your going to be over heating when exerting yourself riding.

I personally wear enough gear so that when I stop riding I am almost cold. If we are stopping for lunch, I need to throw on a mid layer and beanie....but those come right off before I ride.

There is no magical pair of goggles that can solve whats going on with the rest of your body. Dress for success and you will be happier with any goggle you are using.

IMO

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
And its about.. How you breath....

And what kinda shape your in too!!

Cleaning them with steam.. i think works the best to keep a GOOD set of goggles in good working order

Another??????

So when you put the Fan in.. Did you cut out all the Foam on the top?

I didn't because ... snow also would be pushing inside the goggles too... Snow gets packed in there.. after hitting a drift. or a drop. i hate when ice balls are hitting my eye balls! lol

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I've never used the 509 fan, but have used a pair of smith turbo fan goggles for several years and have been very happy with them. Something else I have seen a lot of guys do is put their goggles over the mouth piece or up on their forehead everytime they stop. They are fogged up all the time. If I want them off when stopped, I'll take them completely off and if we're going to be there for a bit I put them under the hood to warm up.I very seldomly have any problems.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

Try another helmet or look into what you are wearing. My brother has that helmet he has fogging problems with it as well. His old helmet, he doesn't.

It has been brought up but really you should be cold when you leave the truck/trailer. If you are already warm, once you get out there and start working you will be a sweating mess. I usually ride with a thermal shirt usually moreno wool and then my Klim jacket on top of that. I don't wear a balaclava either, unless it is sub-zero. For pants I wear long underwear and my out shell only pants. Sometimes I wear a set of basketball shorts usually so I can pull off the outside pants right away.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Of the people that are fogging up, how many are wearing something under their helmet or over their mouth? If you are creating that steam in your helmet it has to go somewhere I would think.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I can wear a pair of goggles that fog up all day for another rider, without any issues.

It all comes down to dressing for the conditions. If your warm and toasty sitting on your sled.....your going to be over heating when exerting yourself riding.

I personally wear enough gear so that when I stop riding I am almost cold. If we are stopping for lunch, I need to throw on a mid layer and beanie....but those come right off before I ride.

There is no magical pair of goggles that can solve whats going on with the rest of your body. Dress for success and you will be happier with any goggle you are using.

IMO

I would agree that makes sense but I have other goggles and 509s are a mess in minutes and the others I wear all day. I gave my 509s away

Premium Features