• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sea Doo Watercraft Help Please RXP

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
I know it's a snowmobile forum. Thought I would ask if anyone owns a for stroke Sea Doo. I have a 2006 RXP and need to winterize it. I can't seem to find any drain plugs. Can any of you guys hook a brother up with some info? Thanks. This is the supercharged model if that matters.

D
Oct 25, 2009
Drain plugs are at the back of the machine, down at the bottom, just hand screws, look like this..but in the machine obviously...

292000187.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
I would assume you are worried about water in the motor?

Back in the day... It used to say to lean it to the left and start it and let it run for 10 sec to blow any water out of the head and exhaust.. What does the owners manual recommend

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
I would check with your dealer but i believe that those have a closed loop cooling system and run antifreeze so you dont have to winterize them. My dealer said to just start it for 5 to ten seconds to get all the water out of the jet housing but just to be safe I used the washout port that you can screw a hose into to cycle some marine antifreze through the jet. I would also fogg the cylinders personaly.

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
Drain plugs are at the back of the machine, down at the bottom, just hand screws, look like this..but in the machine obviously...

292000187.jpg

Thanks. I'm looking to winterize the engine not the hull. lol No owners manual kinda sucks. I do know that there are a few plugs to pull. Anyway, thanks fellas.

Jul 22, 2008
Rmove the fuel rail, hold the throttle wide open and spray fogging oil into all three holes while cranking to fog the engine down.
Add some fuel stabilizer to the gas tank and you are done.
These have a closed loop cooling system with antifreeze, the only extra thing I would suggest is to hook up shop air to the garden hose port by the pump and blow air through the system to flush out any low laying water in the intercooler. This is not needed but I have always done this when winterizing machines at my old job for a skidoo dealership.
oh and unhook the battery!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I know it's a snowmobile forum. Thought I would ask if anyone owns a for stroke Sea Doo. I have a 2006 RXP and need to winterize it. I can't seem to find any drain plugs. Can any of you guys hook a brother up with some info? Thanks. This is the supercharged model if that matters.

Check out www.greenhulk.net

I have a 2007 RXT Stage 2 kit

Jerry Gaddis (a.k.a. Green Hulk) runs the site, jet ski info for all brands, mostly Sea-Doo, however the new Yamaha FZR running nearly 90 m.p.h. with $6000.00 in mods and a STOCK engine will be/is the new fast ticket.:eek:

Hope this helps

Premium Features