• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

race gas, av gas, or pmp gas

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
1) i will be installing a nitrous kit onto my 06 600 HO engine. Boondockers suggests 94 octane. What is the most economic way to achieve that? Is there a mixture formula for a common race gas with 92 premium that will get me 94 octane?

2) if I stay off the button at low elevations and cold days, can I just use 92 octane?

edit - according to this research:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_octane_boosters_tested/index.html

adding 0.8 oz of NOS octane boost to a gallon of 91 octane gas will yield 93.7 octane fuel, probably good enough because of the elevation I ride. Does anyone have experience with octane boosters?

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
economical and race gas dont belong in the same paragraph :)

that being said, the best octane booster for just a couple full points (not how most Boosters count it (tenths = points) The two best and actual boosters I have found are...

Torco Accelerator-It is mixture that you can add to regular gas, and it will get your octane up pretty high...They have a chart that shows taking it to 105 octane...

Lucas Octane Booster- I have used this for the last year in my boosted Nytro for lower elevations, and it works very well...

From my research, other than just mixing race fuel, your not going to get much of an appreciable difference...and when mixing dont forget the correct formula...

here is a calculator for you...

http://www.bazellracefuels.com/Calcs/OC1.htm

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
economical and race gas dont belong in the same paragraph :)

that being said, the best octane booster for just a couple full points (not how most Boosters count it (tenths = points) The two best and actual boosters I have found are...

Torco Accelerator-It is mixture that you can add to regular gas, and it will get your octane up pretty high...They have a chart that shows taking it to 105 octane...

Lucas Octane Booster- I have used this for the last year in my boosted Nytro for lower elevations, and it works very well...

From my research, other than just mixing race fuel, your not going to get much of an appreciable difference...and when mixing dont forget the correct formula...

here is a calculator for you...

http://www.bazellracefuels.com/Calcs/OC1.htm

The research I have done typically agrees that those are your 2 most reliable boosters. But, in the end boosters are usually a waste of money.

The cheapest/safest route if you have access to AV fuel just add a few gallons and give yourself some piece of mind. AV fuel is not much more then prem fuel. Anything to prevent detonation is worth every penny. If peeps cant afford the extra few bucks a tank then the performance changes that where made are not worth it.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
I have been running Klotz Octane Booster with good results.
I have a BB with high compression heads so I need a little extra when I go lower then normal and I started using spray which the booster has been working well with.
I was running a couple gallons of Av Gas but my engine builder recommend the Klotz which has been cheaper and easier, just pull up to the pump and whatever gallons you dumped in add the same amount of booster in oz's. 1 oz = 3 numbers per gallon.
You really can't go wrong with Klotz, Torco, Lucas or Amsoil, whatever one you can get the cheapest. Klotzlubeman on here can get Klotz pretty cheap so that's who I went with.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Turbo 108 race gas concentrate (blue magic industries) i can treats 32 gallons...raises octane to 97 from 91...!!

H
Dec 1, 2007
there is a product called super booster 130 that is manufactured by nemco. it gives you full numbers not tenths or hundreds like most others . has worked good for me .

Premium Features