• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo reeds

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
drop a PM to "gus bohne" on here....he has some good info on this for Doo in particular. I believe there are a couple other guys on here working on something new, I'll let them chime in.

Boysen has a turbo reed for the stock cages. We tested them on the 800 polaris last year. I have 700miles on my IQ and no chipping or cracking yet. Customer XP turbos with upwards of 500-600 miles with stockers. The reed destroyer on the carbed turbos is the lean midrange jetting or over reving and bouncing off the rev limiter both give the reeds unnessisary vibration that will destroy them. I have seen a lightweight (thin) CF reed last longer in a turbo than a thicker one. I think it has some thing to do with the fact that the reed can bend or flex easer under boost.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Complete set ups for the rev and xp are in stock and ready to ship.
I replace the entire assy with a proven 24 psi boost set up that will gain power and tuneability from 4000rpm to 9000 rpm.

Sets come with a 1 year warranty on petals.:beer;

I have used these assy's for 3 seasons, last year Steve Bueti of Michigan ran his 800 at 22-25 psi for the months of Feb and March.
Steve was at my shop last tuesday for grass setup testing for this weekends H&H test race in michigan at Howard Hacks, he is LAUNCHING at 18 psi and running 24 pounds down through..:beer;

She sure doo throw dirt hard with that much boost at engaement..LOL:D currently spinning 360 grams in a micro 8'' 4 weight.. !!!

As soon as we get some ets and mph numbers up I will give them out too.

systems are $450 complete for the twin DOO .
uses either oem boot or v force.

I also have optional stainless manifolds ( boots) to remove all failire prone rubber and plastic from the intake system.
$ 300 per set.

Gus
BSP
603-401-8897 8am - 8 pm eastern

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I cannot find my stock cages. All I have are the V-Force cages, can you replace those reeds with your's? *Comment for Triple and Gus*

G
Apr 23, 2008
Jake, I'll go 1 further than just mass, 200 / 320 start end loads of drive spring.
5000 rpm engagement. :D

all from just 795cc 's and two 42mm carbs...

PJ, the system I sell is complete with cages. you use only your stock /v force or our stainless manifolds to mount carbs.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Jake, I'll go 1 further than just mass, 200 / 320 start end loads of drive spring.
5000 rpm engagement. :D

all from just 795cc 's and two 42mm carbs...

PJ, the system I sell is complete with cages. you use only your stock /v force or our stainless manifolds to mount carbs.

Is this the system that Dave and Triple are using with that turbo kit? That is the kit that I am in process of purchasing.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
When I got the Vforce it was just the cage that slipped into the carb boot. Not the entire cage and boot setup like they had for the older REVs.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Complete set ups for the rev and xp are in stock and ready to ship.
I replace the entire assy with a proven 24 psi boost set up that will gain power and tuneability from 4000rpm to 9000 rpm.

Sets come with a 1 year warranty on petals.:beer;

I have used these assy's for 3 seasons, last year Steve Bueti of Michigan ran his 800 at 22-25 psi for the months of Feb and March.
Steve was at my shop last tuesday for grass setup testing for this weekends H&H test race in michigan at Howard Hacks, he is LAUNCHING at 18 psi and running 24 pounds down through..:beer;

She sure doo throw dirt hard with that much boost at engaement..LOL:D currently spinning 360 grams in a micro 8'' 4 weight.. !!!

As soon as we get some ets and mph numbers up I will give them out too.

systems are $450 complete for the twin DOO .
uses either oem boot or v force.

I also have optional stainless manifolds ( boots) to remove all failire prone rubber and plastic from the intake system.
$ 300 per set.

Gus
BSP
603-401-8897 8am - 8 pm eastern

So if I am reading all of this correct Gus you offer a stainless boot for the xp? If so how much?

Nick

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I don't think Gus is building a SS boot, just petals. He has a very good set up and is tested and proven. For our turbo XP kits we offer a turbo specific reed petal. I know Gus' kit is great and there nothing to worry about and I personally promote the kit. We wanted the customer to have the simplicity of a simple reed swap. Gus' reeds are very easy to change too. You have a few options which is great for everybody. Our turbo kit comes with the turbo specific reeds.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

I would be very interested in a stainless boot for the XP. Please PM me.

Mark

G
Apr 23, 2008
Yes, I HAVE stainless boots/manifolds for the rev NOW.
The production XP units will be in house end of next week.
they use a short piece of silicone hose to attach the carb to the spigot ( 2 clamps ).

Dave, i just decided while having the rev ones and now mach /carbed ones made ,, why not whip out a run of 20 sets and see how they are welcomed.

I'll hook a brutha'' up....:beer;

simple and clean.

Daves set up will be great,
Remember that I lean heavily towards the high boost, race fuel , long tracked ice dragger and grass dragger...

My tuning parameters are geared toward 22 + boost , anti lag aided 15-18 psi launch stuff...

its overkill for the application but for us its what we need to make months of passes with no change in engine performance. can't get the chassis and clutchs worked out if your engine tuneup sways up and down with fluttering reeds or tailwagging carbs and delaminataing rubber boots..LOL

Gus

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Very, very cool Gus. You make me nervous with those comments about leaving the line at X amount of boost:eek:. I hope the secret doesn't get to far;). I would love to get my hands on a set of these to do some testing with, you know for our low boost application on the XP chassis;). Oh yeah even the low boost XP 1000 turbo application;):D. Here kitty kitty!!:D:eek:

Gus give me a call when you have time.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Premium Features