• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xtreme Performance ?

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
Heard a nasty little rumor that Xtreme was shut down today a victim of the economy! Any truth to it or just a bad rumor?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
I heard the Castle Rock store was being sold? Hard to believe they closed down all together.... Was not too impressed with the service at the CR store anyhow but I have also heard good stories too...

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Heard a nasty little rumor that Xtreme was shut down today a victim of the economy! Any truth to it or just a bad rumor?

from what I hear the guys who bought it have zero motorsports experience..hopefully the staff will stay on

had nothing to do with money but health issues in their family

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The south store's new owners lost Yamaha, Suxuki and Kawasaki. Not good news, since most of their bread and butter was those three mfr's. Now all they have is BRP and Polaris, I hope they make it. 3/4 of my little brother's income was based on the bikes. Sad deal for sure.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I know that Donovan has been trying to get back to snowmobile/motorcycle work instead of just running a business. I'm sure trimming down had some to do with the economy as he did sell the south store.

I'm not sure who else I would buy a Polaris from. If not Xtreme, I would buy Ski-Doos from Felker. I've had really good luck with Xtreme.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just find it sad that many lives will be potentially hurt with the new owners not being able to secure those major manufacturers. Dirtbiking is one of the main things down around the South store and since they don't deal Honda, they lose all of that business on dirtbike sales, maintenance and repair.

I have no discord towards Donovan, he had to do what was necessary. But the new owners should have done some more research as to what would be needed before biting off more than they could chew and seriously impacting the lives of the staff that have made that place go round and be successful for a long time.

R
Feb 2, 2008
Xtreme is not closed call them and you will find that out. Economy is tough for everyone but with all the internet sales and people so excited about saving a few dollars and not helping out the local places dealerships including Xtreme may have to close. I don't think that Xtreme or (if any) new owners picked to drop Yamaha put sometimes floor plans cost way to much! JMO

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Rumor has it that the North store is on it's way down too! :(:( Heard that today.

Bad news for everybody! I hope not, cause I really don't wanna have to drive to Loveland to find a dealer who knows his chit!

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
I was up at the north store weds.i think from the sound of things the south store is still Donovan's.The deal fell through with the buyer's,not exactly sure how or why,the north store is barely ticking,i hope everything works out for Donovan and Mindy,i have been friends,and done buss.with them for a long time now,they're service is great in my opinion,i hope we see Donovan out at Bandimere this year,i havent had the chance to ask him if he will be draggin,dont want to bum him out.Let's also remember to keep Mindy in our prayers.

Premium Features